does it have to be a high-wattage head and 4x12? if so, unless you get a really good deal second-hand (or new, I guess), then not so much.

But if you're easy on what exactly constitutes a head an cab (i.e. are willing to consider lower wattage amps, and 1x12 or 2x12 cabs), then you can do ok for around £400 (though your choices will still be limited, but it's not impossible).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
With that budget consideration, a combo will give you more bang for your buck than a mini stack.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
If you're willing to get a combo, you could probably find an ENGL Screamer 50 112 on ebay for somewhere around your budget, ****ing excellent amps they are.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

You could look into a Jet city JCA 20h with matching cab, every online store in England seems to have them on clearance (probably because the new ones are coming out soon).
Try the Marshall MG15HDFX [not sure about the name]
Use a distortion pedal through it if you don't like the amp's distortion.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz

You have got to be joking.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by Woffelz

'Dey see him trollin'
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

check this out http://www.bananasmusic.com/productdetail.asp/pid_17907/productname_VHT-Special-6-Ultra-Head-and-Special-6-Closed-Back-Cabinet im thinking about getting it myself but I don't know if you will be able to buy it from your country
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
^ yeah you can get them here... thomann's probably the cheapest place to get them (much cheaper than dawsons, though you have to get hold of your own power cable).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Twistedrock
'Dey see him trollin'

Dey hate 'n.....

Anyways, we need Budget, Genres, New or Used, Home or Gig, Closest City, Current Gear, and Special Fetishes from you.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I meant what I said. The MG distortion sucks, so put a flippin' dist. pedal through it.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
I meant what I said. The MG sucks monkey balls, don't bother considering it for anything other than firewood.

Corrected.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Corrected.

LOL 1+
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Yes, there are some decent head/cab combos under 400.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by NIN1993
check this out http://www.bananasmusic.com/productdetail.asp/pid_17907/productname_VHT-Special-6-Ultra-Head-and-Special-6-Closed-Back-Cabinet im thinking about getting it myself but I don't know if you will be able to buy it from your country

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vht_special_6_ultra_head_bundle.htm?sid=4326a9d92e7624d2848ab072d10e3fcb

That's the thomann link, the ONLY place you can order it in Europe, trust me - I'm buying one and have looked long and hard, but they're on back order till July.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb