Page 1 of 2
Right now, Kansas City is under tornado warning, and its kind of freaking me out with Joplin and Oklahoma recently. I'm actually from Oklahoma and usually just ignore sirens but the dogs are all freaking out, and I don't know, I always think animals pick up on stuff we can't so I'm taking all the animals to the basement right now, kind of scared.

Any crazy experiences with tornadoes for you guys? If you lived in Oklahoma during 1999 you know of the infamous May 3rd tornadoes.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I guess it moved up there? It barely missed us last night but I didn't know it kept going.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I live in upstate NY. No tropical storms or tornadoes. Just nonsense snow in the winter...

TS, you gotta get on a bike and ride through this tornado. Only way to conquer your fear.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
luckily, i've never been involved in a natural disaster in any way. would be cool to ride a tornado, though. randy on my name is earl thought it was pretty chill.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Relax bro, if God throws debris at you at a hundred miles per hour it was all part of his divine plan. Nothing you can do about that.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I guess it moved up there? It barely missed us last night but I didn't know it kept going.

Yeah I have no idea, I just don't want to be ****ed up by a storm lol. Scary times, its wierd this all happened after the supposed "rapture" I'm not a religious or superstitious man, but its kind weirding me out just the same.
Minnesota I think...4 years ago? Small tornado came through, went right down my street. Happened in about 3am, so my dad woke me up telling me and my family we had to get in the basement. It was really loud and windy outside. Lasted for about a half hour. Our dogs were pretty scared as well. Not like barking scared, but they just went very passive and kind of shaky. Was weird.
In the morning, we look out to see a fair amount of havoc. Three foot thick tree falling right across the neighbor's driveway, that sort of thing. Our yard was perfect though. Only one small branch from a tree got torn off.

Still, if it's a serious tornado, it can be pretty scary.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Relax bro, if God throws debris at you at a hundred miles per hour it was all part of his divine plan. Nothing you can do about that.

My step dad made a point he thought was funny last night.

All the natural disasters are punishment for gays and such but they mainly hit little southern towns filled with bigots. He didn't think it was a bad thing but I'd have to disagree. I don't think a tornado hitting anything can be good.

Dude, this whole year has had crazy weather. **** the Rapture. We've just had a strange year, here at least.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 25, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
Right now, Kansas City is under tornado warning, and its kind of freaking me out with Joplin and Oklahoma recently. I'm actually from Oklahoma and usually just ignore sirens but the dogs are all freaking out, and I don't know, I always think animals pick up on stuff we can't so I'm taking all the animals to the basement right now, kind of scared.

Any crazy experiences with tornadoes for you guys? If you lived in Oklahoma during 1999 you know of the infamous May 3rd tornadoes.

Usually when sirens start going off, I think it's time to seek a safer place.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by rock.freak667

Eh.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I remember I was on my uni campus when the city's tornado sirens (which are on the same campus) started to go off. It was some scary shit. My dad grew up in Tornado Alley, namely Nebraska and Texas, so he taught me what to look for and what to do in those types of situations.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by BladeSlinger
Eh.

Did TS not imply that there are sirens going off? Unless those things go off regularly
Quote by rock.freak667

Eh, you're not from tornado alley, usually sirens means to turn on the tv and see if you're in the path. I'm pretty close to the path right now.
Quote by BladeSlinger
All the natural disasters are punishment for gays and such but they mainly hit little southern towns filled with bigots.
God works in mysterious ways

He didn't think it was a bad thing but I'd have to disagree. I don't think a tornado hitting anything can be good.
I can't think of a scenario where I'd be saying "Thankfully that tornado touched down or I don't know what we would have done!"

Dude, this whole year has had crazy weather. **** the Rapture. We've just had a strange year, here at least.
It's been pretty mild over here on da east side.
Quote by tayroar
Eh, you're not from tornado alley, usually sirens means to turn on the tv and see if you're in the path. I'm pretty close to the path right now.

oh, thought they were like those tsunami warnings. My bad.
Quote by rock.freak667
Did TS not imply that there are sirens going off? Unless those things go off regularly

A tornado siren doesn't mean there's an actual tornado. You just get used to it. When there's a warning most people go outside to watch for the weather to change. Some towns are premature with sirens.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by RU Experienced?

I can't think of a scenario where I'd be saying "Thankfully that tornado touched down or I don't know what we would have done!"

Godzilla attack?
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by rock.freak667
oh, thought they were like those tsunami warnings. My bad.

Well, they're intended to be "take cover now," things, but you'll be fine 90% of the time.
Quote by BladeSlinger
A tornado siren doesn't mean there's an actual tornado. You just get used to it. When there's a warning most people go outside to watch for the weather to change. Some towns are premature with sirens.

Usually they mean "you're under a tornado warning," which could mean anything from "it might tornado here soon" to "your house is currently exploding, so it is probably in your best interest to cover your head with something."

Of course sometimes they just mean it's noon on the first Monday of the month.

Stay safe TS. Oklahoma's big one yesterday missed me by like five miles.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Usually they mean "you're under a tornado warning," which could mean anything from "it might tornado here soon" to "your house is currently exploding, so it is probably in your best interest to cover your head with something."

Of course sometimes they just mean it's noon on the first Monday of the month.

Stay safe TS. Oklahoma's big one yesterday missed me by like five miles.

In OKC they tested them every wednesday and I was always curious what would happen if there was a tornado at noon on a wednesday.
Quote by tayroar
In OKC they tested them every wednesday and I was always curious what would happen if there was a tornado at noon on a wednesday.

Same, El Reno, Friday. I only mentioned the first Monday cause that's how Weatherford does it, and there's a siren not 50 yards from my office window. It's impossible to work for those two minutes and more often than not my sinus physically reverberate.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I live in southern Illinois RIGHT WHERE there is the severest threat. TOR-CON 9/10. How screwed am I right now?!
I saw it was in El Reno tearing shit up and wondered if you were in it, Steve.

The footage was insane.

EDIT: Tornado warnings suck but I worry more about other people who aren't with me. I can watch the weather where I am but I don't know what's going on elsewhere.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 25, 2011,
Nah I'm on the other side of town. Which was lucky because me and three other adults and two kids and a dog would not have enjoyed having my mom's house collapse on top of the basement door while we were stuck down there without even room to all sit down

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
I live in southern Illinois RIGHT WHERE there is the severest threat. TOR-CON 9/10. How screwed am I right now?!

You'll more than likely be fine. Honestly, Tornadoes generally have a pretty narrow path. Just watch for where it is, and if it hasn't touched down you'll be fine. I almost put in to listen to Gary England, because he's a soothing guy, but Gary England isn't in Illinois.
Quote by tayroar
You'll more than likely be fine. Honestly, Tornadoes generally have a pretty narrow path. Just watch for where it is, and if it hasn't touched down you'll be fine. I almost put in to listen to Gary England, because he's a soothing guy, but Gary England isn't in Illinois.

All you have to do is watch Mike Morgan. If he's wearing an unspeakably hideous red tie with sequins on it, you know shit's brewing.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
All you have to do is watch Mike Morgan. If he's wearing an unspeakably hideous red tie with sequins on it, you know shit's brewing.

Gary England would out weather cast Mike Morgan any day. This is so damn annoying, Missouri has a city called Clinton, and they're like, "there's stuff goin' down in Clinton," and I keep thinking, "shit I should make sure my extended family's okay,"
Lol, you scared bro?

I've never had a 'nado hit where I live.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
We were all painting in a house before it passed us. We didn't give a shit. One of my friends was stuck in a cellar with two shitfaced, pissed off parents who kept fighting. I think she almost left to face the possible tornado.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by tayroar
Gary England would out weather cast Mike Morgan any day. This is so damn annoying, Missouri has a city called Clinton, and they're like, "there's stuff goin' down in Clinton," and I keep thinking, "shit I should make sure my extended family's okay,"

Yes but does Gary wear special ties when it tornadoes?

Nothing further, Your Honor.

Just found out a kid I went to high school with was killed in this shit........ wtf

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by -Annihilation-
Lol, you scared bro?

I've never had a 'nado hit where I live.

"'nado"? Really? Why do we shorten everything? Is "tor" really that difficult to type? It just grates my nerves when people shorten stuff stupidly. Like when people call orange juice "OJ" or when people say totes instead of totally.

Also, since I've seemed to pull in the other Oklahomans, do you guys remember May 3rd? I was in Kingfisher and we could see Dover being torn up pretty hardcore.

Quote by SteveHouse
Yes but does Gary wear special ties when it tornadoes?

Nothing further, Your Honor.

Just found out a kid I went to high school with was killed in this shit........ wtf

But was Mike Morgan in the film Twister?
Last edited by tayroar at May 25, 2011,
I was like 7 dude, I didn't give a shit.

I think I vaguely remember though.

I'm lucky to have never lost anyone to a....'nado.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by tayroar

Also, since I've seemed to pull in the other Oklahomans, do you guys remember May 3rd? I was in Kingfisher and we could see Dover being torn up pretty hardcore.

How can you not remember May 3... I remember having a track meet that afternoon (elementary school), then having a little league baseball game that evening. It started hailing when we got there, like right as I got out of the car, so my reaction was to run under the awning on top of the field's bleachers, naturally, rather than to, erm, GET BACK IN THE CAR YOU LITTLE DERP.

Went home, watched houses blow up on TV. The big ass tornado that went through Moore was on the ground SW of here, lifted, poofed, came back, touched back down east of here and then shot up some steroids.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by BladeSlinger
I was like 7 dude, I didn't give a shit.

I think I vaguely remember though.

I'm lucky to have never lost anyone to a....'nado.

I was 8 we took cover and everything, everyone was legitimately scared. I remember them saying it was like the biggest tornado ever and how they wanted to call it an F6. I also remember some kid at baseball practice being all like "my dad says there are tornadoes elsewhere in the state," and we just started calling him an idiot. We were asshole first graders.
I mean, I remember it but it came nowhere near me and I just remember a lot of that stuff. I remember one picture of a big ****ing tornado tearing through a town.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I mean, I remember it but it came nowhere near me and I just remember a lot of that stuff. I remember one picture of a big ****ing tornado tearing through a town.

Yeah, that's kinda how I was about the Murrah bombing, everyone seemed to have a story about feeling it or some shit, but I just don't remember that day at all, but I was in Tuttle when that happened. I did have a kid I played with who died in it though, so something happened. The '90s kinda sucked for Oklahoma looking back on them.
Page 1 of 2