Got an apparently discontinued classic 30 112E extension cab for $30, I then found out they guy had put a 8ohm mesa black shadow in their (Unusable) so I put an add on craigslist, and got a 16ohm celestion gt12-75. Not bad for a cab that supposedly goes for $200 without upgrades like a brand new celestion. Closed back cab really makes a great addition to my open bright combo with JJ tubes and a private jack. Entire rig cost of less than $400

Now onto my dirt box issues, my classic 30 needs some fixes, so in the meantime I use the clean channel only. My Russian big muff died and I am not sure what to check to repair it. I play an esquire w/ a texas special, 9/10 on the no tone knob bright setting, I like a very clear signal, the problem is my bad monkey isn't enough, and my dano fabtone is too harsh and brittle what I am playing (garage rock, and indie) I want a creamy warm, but zero mud articulate crunch. what's a good idea?
Attachments:
photo(23).JPG
Quote by askrere
Got an apparently discontinued classic 30 112E extension cab for $30, I then found out they guy had put a 8ohm mesa black shadow in their (Unusable) so I put an add on craigslist, and got a 16ohm celestion gt12-75. Not bad for a cab that supposedly goes for $200 without upgrades like a brand new celestion. Closed back cab really makes a great addition to my open bright combo with JJ tubes and a private jack. Entire rig cost of less than $400

Now onto my dirt box issues, my classic 30 needs some fixes, so in the meantime I use the clean channel only. My Russian big muff died and I am not sure what to check to repair it. I play an esquire w/ a texas special, 9/10 on the no tone knob bright setting, I like a very clear signal, the problem is my bad monkey isn't enough, and my dano fabtone is too harsh and brittle what I am playing (garage rock, and indie) I want a creamy warm, but zero mud articulate crunch. what's a good idea?

Catalinbread DLS? I've tried it on the clean channel of a Classic 30, while I generally don't care too much for the tone of the DLS, it was gorgeous through the C30's clean and gain channel.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
what's wrong with the gain on the classic 30?

nice tweed set up you have going there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the boost switch is messed up as is the reverb, and I am not a fan of the distortion on the amp, so I am going to fix and mod it. but I want a good dirt pedal