After a recent triy at the local musicstore i noticed that they had a used Jackson COW seven-string and after trying it out i want to check out more seven-stringed guitars. So do you guys have any recommendations? I have been looking at the ESP LTD MH-417 and the slightly pricer ESP LTD H-1007.

Also, no floyds.
THIS IS FOR COWS!
I have one for sale. Dean Avalanche 7, early 2000's, pretty good condition. If you're interested, email me wilseyp@mail.uc.edu.

Otherwise, you could check out schecters, or the ibanez xiphos (the seven string version).
Equipment:

Dean VX
Dean Avalanche 7
Squire SE Stratocaster
Vox AD50VT
Boss OD-20
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
forgot to say, I'm selling for around $250.
Equipment:

Dean VX
Dean Avalanche 7
Squire SE Stratocaster
Vox AD50VT
Boss OD-20
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Conklin guitars make great 7 strings. I tried one once at a GC and the intonation across the low b string was ALOT better than any of the others I have tried before. IMO
the esp h-1007 is gorgeous. I want to buy and get into seven strings too, and after seeing that, thats the guitar id buy. Or a steven carpenter seven string. (Deftones Rule.)
I really like the look of the seven-string Devin Townsend used during his days with Strapping, the closest thing one can get is probably the Carpenter-model which costs a little to much according to me. :/

THIS IS FOR COWS!
Schecter's 7-strings are pretty reliable, and the H-1007 is awesome. You can also get a great Ibanez 7-string RG on the cheaps if you go used, that is if you can stand their pretty bland finishes. I'd suggest Agile, but not only can you not try them out, they're pretty low stock in terms of non-trem guitars as of late. Last year they had some awesome guitars in though (like my Septor Elite)
I picked up a Japan made rg7321 off of craigslist for 250 this past fall, great guitar for the price.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
Quote by drivermod
I picked up a Japan made rg7321 off of craigslist for 250 this past fall, great guitar for the price.

Do you mean a rg7421/7621 ?

But +1, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to recommend this. If your a trem user, get a rg7621, if not, a rg7621/7421 with a pickup change will suffice.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy