ESP and LTD? I've played mostly Jackson super-strats in the past, but I love the look of the LTD EC1000 (I think that's what its called, anyway; looks like a les paul). Is the ESP version worth the extra $$? Opinions?
most people will say the ESP is worth it, cuz it will hold resale value, but in terms of tone and playability there shouldnt be a huge difference. The LTD will be a very solid guitar and hold up well
lts is the manufactured guitars designed by ESP and made in korea. ESP guitars are handmade in Japan. Kind of like squier and fender. I have one of each. The ltd is great but the ESP is the best guitar I have ever played. It was also significantly more expensive though...
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
The LTD have 24-frets wile the ESP just have 22 so if you relly want the two extra frets you should get the LTD.
THIS IS FOR COWS!
Quote by afrika18
ESP and LTD? I've played mostly Jackson super-strats in the past, but I love the look of the LTD EC1000 (I think that's what its called, anyway; looks like a les paul). Is the ESP version worth the extra $$? Opinions?

If I had more money lying around, I would get another ESP in a heartbeat. It is totally worth the money. That said, if you still need a good amp, or want some other fun stuff (effects, motorcycles, whatever) the LTD's are really solid. I would definitely recommend playing them first though since their quality can go either way.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
yes, the difference is easily noticeable. when I was hunting for a new guitar (I got an ESP eclipse), I played several ESP's side by side with LTD's and the ESP's consistently felt quite a bit better. I don't mean to say that the setup was better, but that the hardware had a better feel to it and the fret-work was noticeably better. Also, the ESP's sustained quite a bit longer and had a clearer sound to them. this is attributable to better assembly, better woods and better components

that being said, a 1000 series LTD (or even a good 400) is still a very respectable guitar for the money. I don't think I have tried a better all-around (but metal leaning) guitar than the EC-1000 (with duncans) for under a grand.

if you can, get the ESP. if its a stretch, get a 1000. you'll be totally happy either way
yea, I think I'll probably go with the ec1000 ltd. I love the look of the guitar and I've heard nothing but good things about it--I'll have to get one with a Floyd, though.