so Say i am writing a song in I-IV-V common chord prog, i'm guessing that i would put that as the chorus.

but what about the verse and bridge? are there certain progressions related to an I-IV-V chorus that i should use?

thanks (new to song writing)
I'd go with what sounds good, honestly. It sounds like a cheap answer, but write the song you want to hear. Mess around until you find something you like, and go from there.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
It doesn't matter at all, just do whatever sounds right, in fact try some weird alternate tunings, that way you won't know what the hell your playing and you can just go on what sounds good rather than what your brain says should happen
Quote by AsharakWize
"If it sounds sh*t, it is sh*t, no matter how theoretically correct it is" - as Karel from this forum once said.

This is an amazing quote and should be bronzed on a plaque and hung in a museum somewhere.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Not 100% sure what you're asking here. I IV V can (and has) been used in thousands and thousands of ways. With a "traditional" I IV V progression the most common bridge looks like this IV I IV V back to I IV V. Can you give a little more detail as to what you're looking for?