One of my favorite guitar tones is Walk With Me In Hell by Lamb of God. I know they use(d) Mesa Mark IV's extensively. So out of curiosity, how much of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIZoj3VWkKY&feature=related is actual tone the Mark IV can get, and how much is "studio altering". Of course include if it's possible with certain pedals, or whatever... Basically I'm asking if this tone is achievable in real life, or if it's a studio sound.

(I apologize for the crappy intro in the link, it's the best quality sounding (closest to the way it sounds on the album) vid I could find that doesn't have stupid images flashing across the screen.)
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Going by the assumption they are using a Mark IV and that old Les Paul I saw one of them using in a video a while back, yes its quite possible.

but a studio recording won't ever sound like that in person, and besides the acoustics of sitting across the room from an amp rather than having a mic as an ear with your head next to the speaker, its common practise to remove the highs, above 7khz~ and the really low lows 100hz~, so imagine that it will have more of a hissy toppy sound in person, if dialed the same way. (just a prominent one of a 100 other mixing qualities)

Also note that its probably boosted with an OD pedal, pretty standard technique but not always used.
Mesa/Boogie Studio Pre | Marshall EL34 50/50 Power | Harley Benton 2x12 V30's

How do you like, your mids in the morning?
Quote by Bigaxmax
Going by the assumption they are using a Mark IV and that old Les Paul I saw one of them using in a video a while back, yes its quite possible.

but a studio recording won't ever sound like that in person, and besides the acoustics of sitting across the room from an amp rather than having a mic as an ear with your head next to the speaker, its common practise to remove the highs, above 7khz~ and the really low lows 100hz~, so imagine that it will have more of a hissy toppy sound in person, if dialed the same way. (just a prominent one of a 100 other mixing qualities)

Also note that its probably boosted with an OD pedal, pretty standard technique but not always used.

this, there are a lot of mixing techniques, but mark IV's sound phenominal in person. the tone can be changed to fit better in a mix, but imo nothing compares to how it sounds live, so if you're deciding whether to get it for that LoG tight midrange metal sound, go for it since it's got that sound.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yes. If you have a nice cab with V30's and a guitar with clear high output pickups, then you can get damn close, especially if you EQ your Mark IV like them.

Most of the tone is pure Mark IV, probably with a bit of studio EQ and editing and whatnot. I'm not sure if they boost them or not though.