Hello, im very new to the "guitar game". All I know is Open chords and the Dominent 7's, and I want to start trying on working on my first song. I have never played a song, nothing, so im wanting bassically the easiest but fun to play song you can think of?

Thanks,
NOOBIEofdoom!

PS,
I LOVE ROCK! If you can make it a recent rock/metal song that would be so great.
Learn power chords and then you can play all kinds of songs like immediately if you are going for just wanting to play some songs now.
Oasis' Live Forever is a great song that is a breeze to play
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
thank you! Im honestly a big fan of Oasis', but I can say I haven't heard that one!
Can't wait to attempt!
You can play pretty much any Bon Jovi with mostly power chords. Once you've got them down, you can try the little riffs from the songs (think of the opening riff for Living on a Prayer). Once you've got those down, most of the Solo's aren't really that hard. You can work your way up from the basic strumming to soloing. That's what I like about them; simple enough yet challenging enough. Try Living on a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name, and maybe something like It's My Life (pretty much All of these songs have acoustic versions, and the tabs are easy to find)
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
Quote by NOOBIEofdoom
thank you! Im honestly a big fan of Oasis', but I can say I haven't heard that one!
Can't wait to attempt!

wow, seriously?? You haven't heard Live Forever!?? It was their first big hit back in 94, they played it at every show too. Anyway if you learn that one it isn't much of a stretch to learn Don't Look Back In Anger and Wonderwall too. Both are tabbed on this site, but Live Forever is simple just

G-D-Am-C-D-G for the verse and Em-D-Am-C-D-Em for the chorus. There's a bit of change-up at the end of the song but if you're just starting to learn get the verse and chorus down for now and you'll be good to go.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Thanks guys, Im going to try all these songs tonight when I get home!
Thanks for the help!

NOOBIEofdoom
Try learn bar chords as well and once you mastered them try learning some simple figerpicking tunes like Led Zeppelin's Stairway to heaven or Romance D'Amour by some anonymous composer. Even though they might take some time and could be hard, it will definitly be worth the practice!
I saw your post and remember back to when I was a total noob and didn't really know where to go at all and thought geez I wish someone directed me. So here's a bunch of stuff that's simple and no they aren't all great songs but they are easy to play and some of them sort of get you used to techniques that are important. So here goes -

Don Maclean - American Pie
Creadance Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
Aerosmith - Come Together (Practice the little riff to, it's not to hard and sounds awesome)
Train - Drops of Jupiter
Thirsty Merc - Emancipate Myself (Another easy riff one to practice)
Grisnpoon - Hate
Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Paramore - Only Exception
Foo Fighters - Times Like These
Snow Patrol - Over My Head
Matchbox 20 - Bright Lights
Matchbox 20 - 3 am (cool little riff also)
Blur - Song 2 (power chord speed challenge, not to hard tho)
Grinspoon - Hard Act to Follow
Linkin Park - Numb
The Last Goodnight - Pictures of You
Oasis - Wonderwall (good to practice strumming patterns)
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark
Seconhand Serenade - Fall For You
Elton John - Your Song (good for progressions)
Linkin Park - In Between

Have fun, I'm sure you must like at least a few of them. Oh and get a capo, you'll need it for 90% of songs. Especially if you like singing along like I do.
Ultimate Guitar

Body
Warmoth custom strat with quilt maple top on alder
Finish
Black to blue dye burst with white pinstripe and gloss black back
Gear
Gotoh TOM with string through body and SD Rails wired to split using push pull pots.
Quote by Azhark
Try learn bar chords as well and once you mastered them try learning some simple figerpicking tunes like Led Zeppelin's Stairway to heaven or Romance D'Amour by some anonymous composer. Even though they might take some time and could be hard, it will definitly be worth the practice!

UG needs a like button. But yeah listen to Azhark to. What he's saying is 100% true. Chords are great but you'll have to start picking to progress your skills.
Ultimate Guitar

Body
Warmoth custom strat with quilt maple top on alder
Finish
Black to blue dye burst with white pinstripe and gloss black back
Gear
Gotoh TOM with string through body and SD Rails wired to split using push pull pots.
Go to justinguitar.com and learn how to play. That would be a really good start.

And its free. Cheers