I have two squier p bass pickups, I want to take the black covers off and put white ones on it, how would I go that? I looked and i didn't want to damage them.
all I have experience with is strat pickups but on them the screw that holds the pup into the pickgaurd was also holding on the cover.
no sir away a papaya war is on
these seem stuck on and my fingers can't get around anything but the magnet and I don't think that's a good place to grip and tug
some cheap p pickups have the covers glued on. you will have to force it off

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
why not just paint them?
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
They could be glued on, or the pickups could be wax potted, in which case you'd have to melt the wax. Painting them sounds like a good idea. Get some vinyl paint and it should work.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by askrere
^ any tips for where I should Push from?

I did this recently. Mine were glued, but not strongly... i kinda held the 'winged' plastic part of the pickup covers, that the screws go through; and pushed down on a pole piece with a screwdriver.

It popped right off.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by shinhoman
some cheap p pickups have the covers glued on. you will have to force it off

x

Gee, how nice of you. Great choice of words .
The Dean of Discontent
University of Beelzebub
Hell, Antarctica
Quote by The Vicker
Gee, how nice of you. Great choice of words .

Lol It's a squier affinity I got for $50, if that's not the definition of cheap IDK what is

I am taking it down to base wood, several threads of mine have popped up concerning parts of the project, but needless to say, I think it will look good with white covers, the painting idea sounds better than shelling out $10+ shipping though, so I got my answer
Never much cared for the word "cheap" some folks don't take to well to it either.
Inexpensive is much better. You may have only paid $50 for that Squire but there are some peeps that can't afford much better not everyone can afford top end gear so why run the chance of slighting someone ?
Just sayin' ...
The Dean of Discontent
University of Beelzebub
Hell, Antarctica
Quote by The Vicker
Never much cared for the word "cheap" some folks don't take to well to it either.
Inexpensive is much better. You may have only paid $50 for that Squire but there are some peeps that can't afford much better not everyone can afford top end gear so why run the chance of slighting someone ?
Just sayin' ...

I understand where you are coming from, to me they mean the same thing, I guess saying "cheap" can sting with the right inflection, but I'm pretty sure if you have inexpensive gear, you know it, hell I've never spent over $375 on a single piece of gear. I guess I am cheap