It can matter because you might otherwise be unable to reach another position needed for the song, but in this case I doubt whether it is really necessary. Best just try and err and see how far you get.
Don't be afraid to take liberties with this music. Try and put some of yourself into it.--Brian Setzer

Quote by Tijmenb
It can matter because you might otherwise be unable to reach another position needed for the song, but in this case I doubt whether it is really necessary. Best just try and err and see how far you get.

I found it easier not to do what the tab said, I was just wondering if i didn't play it like it said whether it would be considered wrong or not.
No, there's nothing wrong with using the same finger for the open B string but you shouldn't be playing Asturias already if you only just started on classical guitar if you plan to take the instrument seriously.
Quote by XianXiuHong
No, there's nothing wrong with using the same finger for the open B string but you shouldn't be playing Asturias already if you only just started on classical guitar if you plan to take the instrument seriously.

Thank you, and why's that? Sorry for the late response.
Last edited by stratdud39 at May 29, 2011,
Quote by stratdud39
Thank you, and why's that? Sorry for the late response.

Learning to get a good sound out of the instrument and holding it properly is far more important than playing fast (as awesome as the piece is). For every thousand classical guitarists that can play fast, you'll get a few which can make their instrument resonate and project really well.

If you go to Germany or one of the big European countries where they have a major classical guitar scene, nearly everyone will have monstrously fast scales but have shit tone.

Getting a good sound out of classical guitar is much harder than most people think and holding it properly is quite difficult aswell. Anyone can sit the guitar on their left leg but to position it to maximise body efficiency is another story. You'll reap some instant benefits from sitting in the classical position but you won't reap the best benefits straight away.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Learning to get a good sound out of the instrument and holding it properly is far more important than playing fast (as awesome as the piece is). For every thousand classical guitarists that can play fast, you'll get a few which can make their instrument resonate and project really well.

If you go to Germany or one of the big European countries where they have a major classical guitar scene, nearly everyone will have monstrously fast scales but have shit tone.

Getting a good sound out of classical guitar is much harder than most people think and holding it properly is quite difficult aswell. Anyone can sit the guitar on their left leg but to position it to maximise body efficiency is another story. You'll reap some instant benefits from sitting in the classical position but you won't reap the best benefits straight away.

Thanks for the advice.