I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything on it via the search page so I thought I might ask. Does anyone know what kind of wireless system Yngwie uses for his live performances? Also, it'd help if I knew what kind of strap locks he used. I do realize it won't make much of a difference as to whether I get the exact same thing as him; but I was just curious.
Quote by the_perdestrian
are you builing a replica or something?

Got me there.
once i found a nice wpsite that shows famous guitarists equipment and how they arrange them...

Yngwie... he hasa huge midi board with lots of wireless things all over stage...

just buy a normal wireless ans strap locks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
Quote by vaca11
once i found a nice wpsite that shows famous guitarists equipment and how they arrange them...

Yngwie... he hasa huge midi board with lots of wireless things all over stage...

just buy a normal wireless ans strap locks

I am jelly.
He uses Dimarzio cliplok straps, he has his own signature one.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
He uses Dimarzio cliplok straps, he has his own signature one.

+1, these types of strap pretty much replace strap locks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I know I'm going to get bashed for this one way or another, but are those clip-on straplocks viable for guitar flips, or should I invest in actual straplocks to perform those?
Well Yngwie does guitar flips, so I'd wager you can.

Also, on Steve Vai's astoria DVD, Dave Weiner does one and I'm fairly sure he's using clip-locks.
You watched Live at the Astoria and noticed Dave Weiner doing the guitar tricks? Vai's flipping his guitar all over the place in that vid. He's got clip-locks on all of his guitars, though he has managed to tear them out in a couple of his guitars made of softer woods.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Raijouta
+1, these types of strap pretty much replace strap locks.

and theyre amazing. I just played my first gig with that strap tonight and it went really well, very comfy strap and i dont orry about it falling out
Quote by mmolteratx
You watched Live at the Astoria and noticed Dave Weiner doing the guitar tricks? Vai's flipping his guitar all over the place in that vid. He's got clip-locks on all of his guitars, though he has managed to tear them out in a couple of his guitars made of softer woods.

Well yeah, but the standard "guitar flip" that he's after is just about the only thing Steve Vai doesn't do on that DVD!
for guitar flips n stuff, clips dont seem to reliable to me. just get some schaller strap locks or something
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Sigh... I'll never understand the guitar flip. Has guitar playing become so mundane that we must now employ acrobatics in live shows?