Ello,
I recently had a thought. I know the TBX knob can control both bass and treble, and do so passively, so I wondered... Is it possible to wire a pot to cut mids? Also, how do you do a bass cut?
Ibanez AM78T with Lace Sensors
Squier Affinity with American Standard Electronics
Line 6 duoVerb
Behringer Vintage Tube Overdrive, Heavy Distortion, and Vintage Tube Monster
Digitech RP500

Yeah, I have a colored sig.
the only thing close to a "Mid-knob" would be the small kits they sell at torres engineering http://www.torresengineering.com/guitmidkit.html

As to a "bass cut" I've considered looking into it myself and I found this forum which suggests running a small value cap in parallel with a 180k resistor
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-193916.html

Also, I'd like a point out that from my own experience with the TBX tone control, I find it works far better in conjunction with a regular tone knob, rather than replacing a master tone (becoming the 'sole' tone knob)
Capacitors work by shorting AC signal on a logarithmic curve of frequencies more or less as far as tone knobs are concerned. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, it'll cut all the frequencies above whatever the value of the capacitor specifies.

So, I'm not sure how they're doing this bass cut, but the resistor adds some complication that I'm not familiar with, and obviously they're saying it works, so I must be missing something. Also, I don't see any feasible way to get a mid cut.. but then again, I'm already missing something, so I could be wrong again. This is all the words of some douchebag with one year of electrical engineering under his college belt.. so idk, maybe I shed some light on it though.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I'm assuming its very possible, but the wiring would become a mind**** in that small of a space.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

After Googleing for a while, I found out how to do a bass cut, and use a 1.5 henries inductor for a mid cut, can you buy inductors at radioshack?

I've done the bass cut mod, it's really cool, it really cleans up the signal, cool effect. Later I'm gonna switch the normal tone(treble cut) to a greasebucket circuit(ONLY cuts highs, supposedly) and hopefully later this week find an inductor so I can have a 3-band eq!
Line 6 duoVerb
Digitech RP500

Last edited by SGFish at May 26, 2011,
Oh, awesome, but where can I get an inductor that large?
Line 6 duoVerb
Digitech RP500

They didn't have any that size. :/
Line 6 duoVerb
Digitech RP500

What size of transformer would be the same as 1 H?

EDIT
Nevermind I found some on Small Bear, but feel free to continue talking about passive EQ stuff here =)
Line 6 duoVerb
Digitech RP500

Last edited by SGFish at May 26, 2011,
that's what the other circuit posted does. turn the pot one way and it cuts mids, turn it the other way and it cuts lows and highs, giving the illusion of boosting mids.