Page 1 of 2
With all this recent judgement day bullshit i was thinking. With so many diehard athiests and whatnot, at what point would you recant your previous beliefs and start kneeling down before....whoever it is up there. Like if on the 21st, come 6 pm, the ground opened up, mutant bunnies rampaged through the streets raping our house pets, and the musical creations of Michael Bolton sang down from the heavens penetrating every crevice of our ear canals, would you have been sucking the hypothetical **** of the holy father?

Would an accurately predicted armegeddon change your veiws on god, and how exactly would you feel, knowing you were wrong the whole time?
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
no, because god secretly has a vip room for smart guy atheists. it has pimpin bitches and motorcycles and van halen and shit, man
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
there is no god, i cant believe people can actually get that idea out of the bible. but to answer your question, il grab a bible when i see something come from the sky. i can deal with things on earth just fine
some people mustve thought god existed last week when it was supposed to be may21st end of the world, out in missouri when those tornadoes hit those people who died probably thought it was the end of the world yo
What are you talking about, haven't you heard? The pastor's decided we're all dying in October now...

Right after he said he wouldn't give the $100 million received in 'donations' back because we're not dead yet so there's no point (i think you're supposed to get the money back in heaven, or something).

When will these guys stop?
Periphery, love that shit!
Quote by G.Krizzel
I like trees.

which type?
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
If that happened, my first explanation would not be "god exists", because none of those things have anything to do with god.

If it was proven somehow that the Christian god does exist though, and the Bible's portrayal of him was accurate, I think I'd just wonder how what he'd done would make sense in his godly brain. If he'd refused to prove his existence, let (or even made) 100 different religions, philosophies, movements and cultures spring up and disappear of their own accord, and then end up punishing people who didn't believe in him, I'd end up imagining god to be omnipotent, but neurotic and irrational. Like Glados.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 25, 2011,
I'm in search of objective truth. So if I saw that God or Jesus had shit that was hitting the fan, I would probably come around. Atheists aren't just super stubborn, stuck-up people. They look at life rationally. So when evidence of God appears, most of them will believe in god.
Well, according to Christian beliefs and what's written in the bible, all you've gotta do is say sorry before you die, and it's a get out of hell free card.

Who cares if you're raping murderous pedophile for sixty years as long as you apologize before you die, right?

That aside, no, it would change nothing about how I live my life. I always try to do right by everyone as much as I possibly can anyway. I don't feel like acting good to get a pass is good anyway - pretty much voids the point, I think.

As far as whether or not a God or Gods exist, I feel it's pretty presumptuous to assert, as a baser human being, that we deserve to know or would even know what to do with that information. Purporting that human animals have enough universal importance that they believe they're entitled to know a greater scheme of any God's plan is unbelievably arrogant, in my opinion.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at May 25, 2011,
No, it wouldn't change my view on god unless, literally, giant rabbits dropped gently from the sky, only to eat the evil among us, followed by Jesus driving a giant '69 Corvette spaceship, beaming up the good, faithful christians all over the world.

Yea, it's not happening. It's a fairy tale. Get over it.

But if Jesus had a giant '69 Corvette spaceship, that would be cool. If he let me drive it, I'd be convinced. That Jesus has a giant '69 Corvette spaceship. I would take pictures.
Smile when you say that.
Quote by whalepudding
If that happened, my first explanation would not be "god exists", because none of those things have anything to do with god.

But it would be a prediction derived from some kind of holy book. Would you still lay it down as purely coincidence?
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by themetalbucket
But it would be a prediction derived from some kind of holy book. Would you still lay it down as purely coincidence?
Cause =/= correlation.
Quote by themetalbucket

Depends on the validity of the claim.

I'm putting down in writing right here and now that in the future, humanity will be on the brink of extinction based on its own actions, and will endure the hardships of a depleting supply of planetary support.

If that happens, am I a prophet, or just someone using common sense to predict a likely or possible outcome?

I maintain the belief that the Bible is fiction, but not without purpose. It's meant to teach us, metaphorically, a way to better live for more than just ourselves. If it helps even one person to do right by someone else, then it's a good thing.

Mind you I'm not Christian. Just what I believe about most organized religions, where unfortunately the good in any belief system/idea's intentions get tragically skewed and ruined by dirty hands.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at May 25, 2011,
They're predicting a new rapture every fucking week, they're bound to claim they got it right if something really shit eventually happens.
has anybody else noticed if you leave 46-53% of the liquid left in a standard 330ml can, you can balance it on its lower rim and spin it around?
No.

My hard concrete belief is Atheism, it's my religion. Noone can change it because I'm a closed minded moron just like all other religions, mine is no different ;]

I'm so against christ and all other religions and no flaming ball in the sky raining acid and killing everyone I love will change that.
Quote by laid-to-waste
has anybody else noticed if you leave 46-53% of the liquid left in a standard 330ml can, you can balance it on its lower rim and spin it around?
You can't explain that...
DUDE, If I could hear Michael Bolton sing "Jack Sparrow" infinitely for the rest of my life it would be heaven on Earth and therefore I would still be atheist.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Quote by due 07
You can't explain that...

it certainly gets you mass amounts of clunge at parties.

>wanna play spin the can?
>lol dun you meen bottle? (< idiot blonde)
>no
>spin can
>sex
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 25, 2011,
Quote by themetalbucket

I don't like that dichotomy. It's like when a weird thing happens, a spoon disappears or something, and people think it's evidence for the existence of ghosts. Just because dead omnipotent souls are a popular idea doesn't make them any more an explanation than the infinite number of other bizarre explanations you could make up.

It's the same as this. The only connection between an apocalypse on a certain date, and the existence of a god, is that some weird bloke mentioned them both in the same sentence. "There is no God" and "the Christian god exists" are not the only two explanations in this situation, because while the Christian god might possibly exist, there's not much evidence to separate him from the millions of other supernatural creatures or phenomena you could imagine.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 25, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
it certainly gets you mass amounts of clunge at parties.

>wanna play spin the can?
>lol dun you meen bottle? (< idiot blonde)
>no
>spin can
>sex

I've been doing it wrong all this time....
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
There's no god, I'm not praying to get into heaven... An afterlife of perfection is boring... AN afterlife/life of hell is interesting.... So, either way I'm happy. NO GOD=No hell... but even if I go to hell, I don't care.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by BillyRamone
No, it wouldn't change my view on god unless, literally, giant rabbits dropped gently from the sky, only to eat the evil among us, followed by Jesus driving a giant '69 Corvette spaceship, beaming up the good, faithful christians all over the world.

Yea, it's not happening. It's a fairy tale. Get over it.

But if Jesus had a giant '69 Corvette spaceship, that would be cool. If he let me drive it, I'd be convinced. That Jesus has a giant '69 Corvette spaceship. I would take pictures.

Thing is, in that situation wouldn't you much more likely think "I've gone insane" than "Ah. Rapture."

It would really take something I am having serious trouble even conceiving of to make me believe it was God. Anything apparently normal and earthly I'd probably think there was a normal explanation for, and anything crazy I'd probably just think was... me going crazy.
I do not believe in a God, nor do I believe in the idea of Heaven and Hell. For example, I do not believe that if a human committed murder he/she would be destined for hell for the rest of eternity. Life is too diverse to be able to decide fate so simply, especially for a 'soul'.

On the same hand, IF, yes IF, someone managed to live a long healthy life with no sins, and they got to 'heaven', that isn't to say they have never been tempted to commit a sin, and as such they do not deserve to be in heaven.

In short, I do not judge people for their religion (unless they are against gays, or other religions) however I believe that religion should be kept to oneself and not forced down others throats, as that is where the hatred comes from.

If you believe in the rapture, then please keep it to yourself and don't try to "save" the rest of us who really couldn't give a shit what happens.

Sure, if I'm wrong, and I am destined for hell, fuck it. Oh fuck, I said fuck. Fuck, I'm going to hell.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
Quote by stratdud39
I find the posts in this thread somewhat humorous. You atheists are more like the Christians than you think.

at least they have something to say, rather than standing outside of the crowd and making pathetic attempts to point out hypocrisy. you're not even elaborating, you're just making dumb-fuck statements that seem much smarter than they look, and not even specifying, and just generalizing all atheists by saying 'you'.

piss off, you gigantic excuse for a human being.
So, if apocalypse was coming with weird ass supernatural things I would think one of two things.

1. "What the F**K am I dreaming"
2. "Should not have smoked that much weed" (I smoke seldomly but could be I did that day)

No, I couldn't be convinced. I couldn't even be convinced by God if he was facing me. Mainly because I would automatically try to find a logic explanation. (Read: what I think is logic) Not because I don't respect others religion they can be the ones who are right, after all. It's just... In my head, god doesn't explain the world around me.
Last edited by Gumle at May 25, 2011,
Quote by themetalbucket

It would be far more logical to think the 'supreme being' or 'beings' were actually aliens than to say 'god'. Godlike beings maybe, but still.
Quote by laid-to-waste
at least they have something to say, rather than standing outside of the crowd and making pathetic attempts to point out hypocrisy. you're not even elaborating, you're just making dumb-fuck statements that seem much smarter than they look, and not even specifying, and just generalizing all atheists by saying 'you'.

I'm just saying all the atheists in this thread seem so sure of themselves that there's no God, when they actually can't prove anything at all (just like the christians can't prove that there IS a God, let alone that God is Jesus). Obviously it makes more sense to claim that there isn't a god. It's like claiming there's no such thing as a levitating space monkey. It makes much more sense than claiming there is such a thing as a levitating space monkey, but poop. I like atheists , I'm just saying I find it a little silly for someone to be sure what there is or isn't (without proof).
I happen to think that whatever is out there is comprehensible to the human mind, and that we will never be able to understand at during our life-time, nor should we. Maybe we learn after we die, maybe we don't.
Last edited by stratdud39 at May 25, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste

Your posts are good.
If God ever did come down here, I'd shit my pants. To answer your question, yes. I'd beg for forgiveness like the little bitch I am.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Quote by stratdud39

I'm just saying all the atheists in this thread seem so sure of themselves that there's no God, when they actually can't prove anything at all (just like the christians can't prove that there IS a God, let alone that God is Jesus). Obviously it makes more sense to claim that there isn't a god. It's like claiming there's no such thing as a levitating space monkey. It makes much more sense than claiming there is such a thing as a levitating space monkey, but poop. I like atheists , I'm just saying I find it a little silly for someone to be sure what there is or isn't (without proof).
I happen to think that whatever is out there is comprehensible to the human mind, and that we will never be able to understand at during our life-time, nor should we. Maybe we learn after we die, maybe we don't.

it's the condescension in the 'you __ are more like __ than you think' that bothers me so much. it's also the idea that all atheists are just taking the safe route, which isn't true. i would rather you had an idiot opinion than call on people that have opinions at all.

Quote by Zoot Allures
Your posts are good.

are you being serious? (that's not in the rhetorical tone you think) my ego isn't big enough to take that seriously

right, i'm officially taking every ambiguous comment as if it weren't from here on out:

thanks man!
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 25, 2011,
Page 1 of 2