whatsup people, first post in the pit so here i go (inform me if this is the wrong section)

ive noticed with a couple games on my computer that wheather i play the game at max settings or minimum settings i get the same choppy frames and at max settings it doesnt look like its at max. 2 games in particular this has been happening too, All Points Bulletin and GTA IV. my computer specs are as following:

6gb ddr3

PNY Nvidia GTS 250

Intel 2.7gh/z dual core (not core 2 duo)

750gb 7200rpm HDD

a friend told me that my processor is bottlenecking my performance, any thoughts?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
There's a computer thread broseph.

But ye that's definitely a possibility, but I'm no expert

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
ty, will ask in computer thread
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
I know they have keyboards and you have to turn them on for them to work. That's two.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I know they have keyboards and you have to turn them on for them to work. That's two.

some sort of sarcasm here but i just dont get wth ur saying
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Core 2 Duo is a lot faster then the Dual Core Intel brand. It's in a different league. GTA IV does not run good on dual-core processors. You'll need at least a quad-core for that game.
intill i get responses from the computer thread, do the core 2 duo and dual cores have different socket fittings? as in, would i need a new motherboard too o.0
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
intill i get responses from the computer thread, do the core 2 duo and dual cores have different socket fittings? as in, would i need a new motherboard too o.0

If you're planning on getting a new processor, ditch the Core 2 Duo and go for a quad.
Quote by metaldud536
If you're planning on getting a new processor, ditch the Core 2 Duo and go for a quad.

and im guessing thats a different socket size as well?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
and im guessing thats a different socket size as well?

Actually you'll find some motherboards that will support Core 2 Quads and Core 2 Duos but those will be harder to find. I recommend going with the i5.