Hi all, I could really use your input. Thx for your time in advance.

So, I'm on UNYP (unyp.cz) and really want to improve the school spirit by giving something back. And as I have spent most of my high school in and out of bands, making something related to music is probably the way to go for me.

It's a rough idea right now, I think I'd like to use the university's multicultural background to some extent, as well as modern music (we have a couple of DJ's, with PA systems!) and rock music. Is there some way to combine those? I know that for example Kultur Shock is able to pull folk-rock in a nice way, but they are not something I'd like to sound like. And I don't necessarily want to make only one band; there is 600 students on UNYP, that must mean that there is a big # of people involved with music somehow. Hmm; is a school choir a good idea?

As I'm new at this, give me any info you can. Who to talk to? Why? When? How to make them join? How do I find out who is playing anything? Is simple flyer spamming good or bad? Design of the flyers? Anything?

Thanks a lot!

Lots of love from Prague,
Petar!
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah
Come on people! Help?
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Maybe a place to start would be a school concert...open it up to anyone and everyone who wants to perform...put up flyers...make announcements etc...
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
TY!

What if there's not any place in school to do it, and no-one's organizing any kind of concerts (except for club parties, but IDK if the club will let us do these tryouts or something)?
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Quote by Petar
TY!

What if there's not any place in school to do it, and no-one's organizing any kind of concerts (except for club parties, but IDK if the club will let us do these tryouts or something)?

That's where you step in dude - YOU organise it
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud