House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) says no aid for tornado victims without cuts

Page 1 of 8
Source

Today President Obama pledged to provide "every ounce" of federal resources to helping the victims in Joplin. Thus far FEMA has been on the scene to help with rescue operations. However, in the long-term the President would likely need congressional approval in order to provide a package of financial aid. Any aid package would have to pass through the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, where Cantor serves in a powerful leadership position. As the Washington Times reports, Cantor said any aid would need to be offset by other spending cuts, "If there is support for a supplemental, it would be accompanied by support for having pay-fors to that supplemental." The term "pay-fors" means either spending cuts or tax increases, and the Republicans have firmly stated that they would not pass any tax increases this year.

Wow. What a fucking piece of shit.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
****ing slimey.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Oh for ****s sake...
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Well I guess its at least somewhat of an improvement from Katrina... sad world we live in.
Bright side: According to Nate Silver, as of right now we have about a 50-50 shot of taking the House back in 2012. And this kinda shit only improves those odds.
Quote by blackflag49
Bright side: According to Nate Silver, as of right now we have about a 50-50 shot of taking the House back in 2012. And this kinda shit only improves those odds.

Yeah no.
Quote by blackflag49

The scary part is that 50% where Republicans take everything in 2012. At least Bush wanted to be a compassionate conservative, and failed due to incompetence rather than malice.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Spartan101400
Is it really the governments job to help people though? Think about it.

*thinks about it*

Yeah that's exactly FEMA's job.
Quote by Spartan101400
Is it really the governments job to help people though? Think about it.

Yes. A government exists to serve its citizens.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by blackflag49

The problem with that is, these people need help now, not in 2012. And this guy is ****ing it up for them.
Quote by blackflag49
Yu huh.

If you mean we as in blue team, yes, ten points from red team. If you mean we the people, no.
Quote by Das_Skittles
Source

Wow. What a fucking piece of shit.

So, wheres the money supposed to come from? Just magically appear out of the air? Say you have $200. Your rent is $175 and your tires blow out in your car and will cost $150 to repair. How do you do it?

Its sad, I think these people do need help.... but if the money simply isn't there what are you going to do?
Quote by samhell
So, wheres the money supposed to come from? Just magically appear out of the air? Say you have $200. Your rent is $175 and your tires blow out in your car and will cost $150 to repair. How do you do it?

Its sad, I think these people do need help.... but if the money simply isn't there what are you going to do?

You ask your rich room mate to pay some more of the rent because his parents will pay it anyway and he uses the utilities way more than you do, so **** him.

Or take action against why your rent is too damn high.

Last edited by TheBurningFish at May 25, 2011,
Quote by TheBurningFish
You ask your rich room mate to pay some more of the rent because his parents will pay it anyway and he uses the utilities way more than you do, so **** him.

And if he says no? You going to rob him?
Quote by samhell
And if he says no? You going to rob him?

I would look them right in the eye and tell them I mean business.

Drawing inspiration from all over the political spectrum.

Quote by phlip999
The problem with that is, these people need help now, not in 2012. And this guy is ****ing it up for them.

To be honest, he's not actually going to deny aid, that'd be really stupid of them , and Cantor's not stupid. They're just talking tough to use it as a bargaining chip. The question's whether the Democrats cave into it or throw it right back in their faces.

Quote by Fat Lard
If you mean we as in blue team, yes, ten points from red team. If you mean we the people, no.

Yeah ok. The people's interests are pretty plainly better represented by one party here.
Last edited by blackflag49 at May 25, 2011,
Quote by samhell

Well, the first thing would be to lessen the tax cuts on the rich which will give us a few billion dollars... NOPE Republicans don't wanna, they said they wouldn't pass any bills for removing the tax cuts while they hold the House, because they can see into the future and saw that we won't have any need for getting rid of them ever, regardless of the situation, even if it would be the best option.
We got even more tornadoes today in Missouri. I ended up getting locked in a hallway for over an hour until the stormed passed. I'm starting to really get tired of this weather.
Quote by CannedBullets
This is why I want to move to Canada.

Take me with you?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
Take me with you?

Don't worry, there will be a mass exodus to Canada when the GOP rigs the 2012 elections.
Yet if his house gets flattened by a tornado he'll be the first to line up for aid because he's a congressman and he "deserves" it.
Quote by CannedBullets
Don't worry, there will be a mass exodus to Canada when the GOP rigs the 2012 elections.

The scariest thing is it's possible.

Quote by necrosis1193

The scariest thing is it's possible.

Canada would be way too close to that shit show.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by necrosis1193
Take me with you?

Me too.

Road trip!
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Das_Skittles
At least Bush wanted to be a compassionate conservative, and failed due to incompetence rather than malice.

Your assessment of Bush and his administration is highly inaccurate.

OT: Good. At least this is close to something like fiscal responsibility.
first everyone says the government should stop spending money...then they get criticized when they try to reduce spending...

with that said it really don't give justice to my actual point of view
Quote by FireHawk
first everyone says the government should stop spending money...then they get criticized when they try to reduce spending...

with that said it really don't give justice to my actual point of view

Well all that money were spending on the military could've gone to Joplin victims.....
Quote by NotFromANUS
Your assessment of Bush and his administration is highly inaccurate.

OT: Good. At least this is close to something like fiscal responsibility.

Please give a highly accurate assessment of Bush and his administration. I anxiously await enlightenment.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

I hope a tornado tears down his house. He'd be the first in the FEMA line.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last time I checked, this is what Home Insurance is for.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Last time I checked, this is what Home Insurance is for.
Last time I checked, home insurance doesn't rescue people from piles of rubble.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Holy shit, the people in this thread have filled my brain with ****.

Read the article. The guy has't done anything. He only said that aide money would need to be supplemented with maybe tax cuts. He said nothing more. All the stuff about barring money is supposition by the author.

Yes, I get it. We hate Republicans, very good. But use your heads and stop getting your news from a title and a paragraph and then assume you are informed enough to form an opinion.
Last edited by Seref at May 26, 2011,
Quote by Seref
Holy shit, the people in this thread have filled my brain with ****.

Read the article. The guy has't done anything. He only said that aide money would need to be supplemented with maybe tax cuts. He said nothing more. All the stuff about barring money is supposition by the author.

Yes, I get it. We hate Republicans, very good. But use your heads and stop getting your news from a title and a paragraph and then assume you are informed enough to form an opinion.

This is the internet.

You honestly expect me to read what I'm talking about?

Don't be silly.

Question as this is a topic I have studied last weeks on the Uni. Is there a thing as a private Tornado insurance in the affected areas? If so, are they not willing to pay or is it that the people did just not buy it?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ