Hey, I'm sure theres been threads on this but I couldn't find it on search, and google was surprisingly unhelpful. I have a silverface bassman head, and am considering trying to bridge the two inputs as i hear it can make it sound even better and balsier. What exactly do i do? Theres no risk for the amp right?
So you bought it? Do you know what it is yet?

Guitar goes in one input of the 'normal' channel. A short lead out of the other goes into one of the 'bass' channel inputs. It really doesn't do much though.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I think the inputs on post tweed Fenders are out of phase. So no, it won't be bassier or ballsier. It'll be weaker and thinner.
Quote by al112987
I think the inputs on post tweed Fenders are out of phase. So no, it won't be bassier or ballsier. It'll be weaker and thinner.

Correct, they are out of phase on the SF. The bass input has three gain stages and the normal channel only has two.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Summary: Don't bother. I had a SF Bassman for two years. Its not worth the $3 cable.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Summary: Don't bother. I had a SF Bassman for two years. Its not worth the $3 cable.

Thanks everyone for the answers. But dude whats your beef with me/ the bassman? You've been on every thread down talking it. I get its not the tweed, but for the head and cab in great condition, for litterally like $200 worth of old coins, I couldn't be more pleased.
Quote by Fender/marshall
Thanks everyone for the answers. But dude whats your beef with me/ the bassman? You've been on every thread down talking it. I get its not the tweed, but for the head and cab in great condition, for litterally like $200 worth of old coins, I couldn't be more pleased.

I'm not down-talking it at all. I meant jumpering it isn't worth the $3 cable, because it isn't. I loved my Bassman, I'll probably regret selling it eventually.

The only reason I've been giving you a hard time is because you've been so vague. You still haven't answered my question as to which one it is... There are tons of differen't Bassmans, even within the SF category. Have you gotten the serial number and dated it yet? You just seem generally uninterested in knowing what exactly you've got, which is off-putting to me.

If you're happy that's all that matters, but this is a site for gearheads to talk about their gear so if you want to be a part of the discussion you need to provide some info.

Edit: I do see the confusion after re-reading my post. Sorry, I wasn't putting down your amp at all. As I said, I loved mine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at May 26, 2011,
I really hope you had those coins independently evaluated before agreeing to this deal.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I really hope you had those coins independently evaluated before agreeing to this deal.

Haha thanks for your concern but I'm not an idiot. They were worth around $200 total, so I feel good about the deal.
Quote by tubetime86
I'm not down-talking it at all. I meant jumpering it isn't worth the $3 cable, because it isn't. I loved my Bassman, I'll probably regret selling it eventually.

The only reason I've been giving you a hard time is because you've been so vague. You still haven't answered my question as to which one it is... There are tons of differen't Bassmans, even within the SF category. Have you gotten the serial number and dated it yet? You just seem generally uninterested in knowing what exactly you've got, which is off-putting to me.

If you're happy that's all that matters, but this is a site for gearheads to talk about their gear so if you want to be a part of the discussion you need to provide some info.

Edit: I do see the confusion after re-reading my post. Sorry, I wasn't putting down your amp at all. As I said, I loved mine.

Hahah yeah dude i gotchu. I'm gonna do a nad soon once I get clips. I am honestly extremely happy with the amp, I love everything about it basically. I could see why you'd miss it.