Page 1 of 2
I buy my used gear online at guitar center becuase they typically have the cheapest prices. Im just really getting pissed off at their customer service since last time the charged my card twice for over $1000. Thats unnaceptable of somewhere im spending that much money. Especially since they dont seem to care about theyre mistakes. So does anyone have any alternates where i can get just as good a price? As a baseline, the egnator tweaker combo i want, i can get for $400 and its $600 new.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

There are three places: "where you were", "where you are" and "where you want to be".

Story of my life
The internet.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Sam Ash
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Sam Ash
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
^ Suck it, JayT44
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Musiciansfriend, zzounds, sweetwater, music123

you can always send it back if its "too used"
Quote by RU Experienced?
You don't seem to care about your grammar.

I spend every day writing in an AP english class. i watch my grammer enough there. I could really care less if i said theyre instead of their
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

There are three places: "where you were", "where you are" and "where you want to be".

Story of my life
Last edited by -Kr0n1c- at May 25, 2011,
Quote by -Kr0n1c-
I spend all day writing in an AP english class. i watch my grammer enough there. I could really care less if i said theyre instead of their

You don't seem to care about your spelling.

Also, you've piqued my interest. How much less could you care?

OT: Sam Ash.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You don't seem to care about your spelling.

Also, you've piqued my interest. How much less could you care?

OT: Sam Ash.

Im not about to start an internet argument. That would be immature.

Back to the OT, i cant seem to find egnaters or a used section at sam ash
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Story of my life
Musician's Friend...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
cacaine

and lots of it
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by theogonia777
Musician's Friend...

their owned by guitarcenter dude.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Quote by selibucaz
their owned by guitarcenter dude.

reeeeeaaaaally? i hadn't realized that.

and i think you meant "they're owned" maybe?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I can't express this enough-

LOCAL SHOPS.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Online.

Here we don't have a Guitar Center close (Unless you count an hour close), so I just go to Daddy's Junky in the city that's only like 20 minutes away.

But they suck too.. So

I'll stick to online.
The problem im finding is at guitar center i can get an egnater tweaker combo for 450 after tax and shipping and all the other stores are around 520
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Story of my life
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Online.

Here we don't have a Guitar Center close (Unless you count an hour close), so I just go to Daddy's Junky in the city that's only like 20 minutes away.

But they suck too.. So

I'll stick to online.

Really? the daddy's near me has a huge used selection and I'm pretty friendly with the owner, their prices are always on par or lower than GC.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Google Shopping

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
And all the stores have the same new prices but i cant find anything to beat guitar centers used prices
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Story of my life
There's a Musicians Superstore near my parents' house, and 2 Music Go Round locations.
Nearest GC is in Atlanta in my neck of the woods, so I have two main local places (Gorilla Guitars and Everything Musical, the former is much better for guitars).

As for online, I'll echo the sentiments of Musician's Friend, Zzounds, Sweetwater (They're especially great, they won't hesitate to help you with anything), Sam Ash, etc. eBay is a viable option, but you have to keep on your toes there.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Sam Ash. The nearest one to me doesn't have as wide a selection, and their employee's force their smiles a little harder, but still a decent alternative.

Also a local place called Music Center. Great guitar selection considering it's not a franchise, good prices, and the employees are very friendly.
They're in Fort Wayne, so if you live anywhere near there, then yes.

Quote by FireHawk
i live near sweetwater headquarters

I hate you.

Sweetwater are the shit.
Last edited by Holy Katana at May 26, 2011,
Quote by FireHawk
besides the extra price on most local stores i would agree

You must have horrible local shops. Then again the local shops in my area have to compete head to head with GC. Both the locally owned shops are within 3 miles of CG.

One of them emphasizes service after the sale free setups on higher end axes and discounts on setups for lower end stuff etc.

The other makes the majority of their money off pro audio gear. Studio time with qualified techs who actually know what they're doing.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
I go to this music shop near my girlfriend's house. It's got really good deals there.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
I work in a local music store so I kind of know how it works. Every single item has what's known as a MAP(or Minimum Advertised Price). This is set by the manufacturer and dealers are not allowed by contract to go below that price. MAP price is also usually 20%-30% above what the "cost" is to the dealer.

Point is, MusiciansFriend can only go so low. That being said, if you ever want something but want the price you see online or at GC, print it off or get a pic and bring it to your local shop. I know my place would rather have your business and make little to nothing than see you shop at some chain where they won't give you a second look once they've got your money.
Sam Ash
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
For used gear you should be staying the **** away from stores anyway--the upcharge is insane.

Craigslist and eBay are your friends. If GG&A heard of people buying used gear from GC they'd have a collective aneurysm.
Quote by axethrower13
I work in a local music store so I kind of know how it works. Every single item has what's known as a MAP(or Minimum Advertised Price). This is set by the manufacturer and dealers are not allowed by contract to go below that price. MAP price is also usually 20%-30% above what the "cost" is to the dealer.

Point is, MusiciansFriend can only go so low. That being said, if you ever want something but want the price you see online or at GC, print it off or get a pic and bring it to your local shop. I know my place would rather have your business and make little to nothing than see you shop at some chain where they won't give you a second look once they've got your money.

I'd hate to do that to an independant. Quite often, while the MRSP may be the same between GC and an independant, GC will have much more buying power, and may well be able to buy in cheaper, increasing their margin. Local shops need that margin to stay in business and keep providing that great service.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at May 26, 2011,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'd hate to do that to an independant. Quite often, while the MRSP may be the same between GC and an independant, GC will have much more buying power, and may well be able to buy in cheaper, increasing their margin.

But if you're poor and you can't afford the extra 12 bucks on that set of headphones or whatever, you may as well give them something.
Quote by Seref
For used gear you should be staying the **** away from stores anyway--the upcharge is insane.

Craigslist and eBay are your friends. If GG&A heard of people buying used gear from GC they'd have a collective aneurysm.

I'm sure GG&A would have a collective aneurysm over a lot of the Pit's gear-related practices, including the gear itself.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'd hate to do that to an independant. Quite often, while the MRSP may be the same between GC and an independant, GC will have much more buying power, and may well be able to buy in cheaper, increasing their margin. Local shops need that margin to stay in business and keep providing that great service.

While its true that MSRP is standard, unless you successfully haggle down the price at GC, they are not allowed to advertise below a certain dollar amount. Even if GC has a higher buying power, if you bring in the MAP price you see at GC, the local guy is still making about 20%-30%.

Like I said, we'd rather help you out and get you your guitar and make no money but have you as a customer who will come back and buy strings or cables which are highly marked up and where businesses make the majority of their money.
Page 1 of 2