Hi, I was thinking about changing my Epiphone Les Paul pickups for emg 81/85. Do you think it will match well with an Epiphone ? Do you have any other pickup suggestion for a metal kinda sound? If I want to play rock with it will it be good too?

Thanks
Lots of people on UG aren't very big fans of EMGs. I don't have much experience with them, but running them with the 18 volt mod is said to significantly improve their sound.

A lot of people swap their Epiphone's pickups out. They're arguably the worst part of the average Epiphone guitar.

For metal and rock, you could check out DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan, or if you're willing to spend some money, you could check out a few custom winders like WCR.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Also, putting in quality passive pickups would be a lot easier (aka cheaper, if you pay to have it done) than putting in EMGs. No battery compartment routing required.
^ Pretty sure you don't need to route out a batter component anyway, there's plenty of room in your average Les Paul cavity.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
What amp are you using? Regardelss you're probably not going to want EMGs if you're looking for a bit of versatility.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by jon.peebles
Also, putting in quality passive pickups would be a lot easier (aka cheaper, if you pay to have it done) than putting in EMGs. No battery compartment routing required.

Wich seymour duncan model do you recommand me?