So i just got a job on a fishing boat. Has anyone in the pit worked on a a fishing boat before? What have i signed up for!?!?!
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
The Deadliest Catch

It's probably not like that, but be prepared to do a lot of hard work. It's not working at a Micky-Ds for sure.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Listen to Mastodon's first 2 releases

that should give you an idea
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
AWESOME! Jelly dude.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
What are you catching?
I've been Crabbing, Oystering, and Oyster Tonging.
My stepdad also works on a Scallop boat, and I know about a lot of it.
Crabbing and Oyster Tonging were easy. Couldn't handle Oystering.
If it weren't for my back being messed up, I would be on a boat permanently. My back can't handle it though. Standing in one spot all day kills me.
Be prepared to work your ass off. Also, learn to eat as quickly as possible. Most fisherman eat as quickly as they can so they can get back to work as quickly as possible.
Even if you've never been seasick, bring seasickness pills. I had never been sick before, but last time I went oystering I started getting nauseous.
I quite enjoyed myself until my back started really hurting.
Last edited by darkwolf291 at May 26, 2011,
My friend, you have signed up for a week of excruciating boredom, followed by two weeks of relentless backbreaking work for 16 or more hours a day, followed by another week of boredom. Assuming of course this boat goes out on month-long trips. And if you don't catch anything, you won't make much money at all.

Have you ever been fishing before?
I forgot how to play guitar. Q_Q
Hope it's not day trips.
Two Week and month trips aren't bad because you have some rest while the boat's pulling (assuming you're dredging).
Day trips are hours of backbreaking work with a quick break for lunch, and a break on the way back to the dock. Then, the same thing the next day.
I don't like fishing at all. I feel like a backwoods inbred if I ever go fishing.

Blegh.
Quote by due 07
I don't like fishing at all. I feel like a backwoods inbred if I ever go fishing.

Blegh.

Someone's judgmental of outdoorsy activities. This annoys me, I grew up in a city, but enjoy fishing. Is everyone who sits on a computer pale and pasty? Why would you assume everyone who hunts or fishes is backwoodsy?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
Someone's judgmental of outdoorsy activities. This annoys me, I grew up in a city, but enjoy fishing. Is everyone who sits on a computer pale and pasty? Why would you assume everyone who hunts or fishes is backwoodsy?
No, I'm not being judgmental. I personally feel like a hick when I go fishing. I didn't say, nor did I imply, that fishers are all rednecks.
nice knowin' ya
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby