Hey guys, last year I noticed that the volume was cutting out when my Zakk Wylde Cry baby was in the line. I power the pedal with an adapter, and noticed that it wasn't staying in the port to well (volume would cut out when not plugged in all the way.) Well I finally opened up the wah to try and figure this out cause I do not want to buy another pedal or pay ridiculous fees for repairs, and i saw that the little black piece that the adapter plugs into was in place on the "electronics card," however it was wiggling around a bit. Is it supposed to be glued in?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
It's soldered down. You'll need to lift the board out and resolder it. You may even need to replace the socket.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Ya, resolder the the jack and then drill the hole out a bit so that the adapter fits better. The casing is a bit too thick for the plug so taking 1-2mm off should be enough.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If i don't want to solder it, I would be able to still use the pedal via 9 volt batteries right? Is it ok to use a rechargeable 9 volt so I don't have to keep changing the batteries all the time?
No. The connection for the battery is made through the jack connection on the board. Once it comes loose, not even the battery will work. Resoldering it is as easy as lifting up the board and touching a hot soldering iron to the joints as long as the board isn't cracked.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Fudge, alright. So soldering really isn't that hard? It sounds pretty simple but I really don't wanna half to buy a new pedal or anything if I **** it up
Practice on something else first. Soldering is easy once you get the hang of it but get acquainted with the procedure before you tackle something that matters.

This demonstrates why I hate PCB mounted jacks and pots (especially jacks). On the other hand though, I scored a Morley PWA for $20 because of almost exactly the same fault except it was the input jack, not the power jack. It took longer to pull it apart than it did to fix it. So there is one benefit, lots of broken gear out there going for next to nothing or even nothing that's easy to repair.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification