Pretty simple song i came up with but even though its not a polished product im liking the way it sounds. the guitar was more or less written in one take, the whole thing just kind of came to me. really wish it was always that easy recorded it live in one take and then worked out a bass line for it afterwards. any and all criticisms welcome.

(note on the drums during the solo: i used that simple loop as my metronome but didnt want the barely 2 second loop to get stale over the course of the recording. i decided to leave it in for the solo just because i thought it locked so well even though its a little goofy to just have it there. ideally there would be real drums throughout for a finished product.)

leave a link for c4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsZJrGIxI8w
main riff is cool.. has a crazy, somewhat wrong/broken feel about it, which I like a lot. the chorus is cool too, I'm not too keen on rock but this would sound pretty nice with drums. you should get rid of the wah though
I liked the main riff, but it gets stale pretty fast, try using a variation of it or add something to make it more interesting. Cool effects at 1:35, but I wasn't too fond of the tone you used in the solo (though it'd probably sound way better with proper backing), and I thought the solo could've gone for a bit longer. Overall, I'd have to say that it's hard to critique this without vocals or drums, but what's there has potential; I'd love to listen to the finished product once it's done
interesting tune with kind of a surf vibe to it. sorry but the bass didn't really work for me. maybe if there were drums the bass would make more sense. seemed like a cool bassline that propelled the song would be better. jury is still out on your lead tone but it was very original sounding so points for that. with a little shoring up and drums you could have a winner.

my latest is The Land Unknown found in my profile leave a comment and let me know what you think
for the "cool bassline that propelled the song" do you mean during the main part or the chords? im going to take that to assume the main part i think since its just the same as the guitar during that, i just didnt know what else to do there since the guitar is so busy.
Quote by jmako
for the "cool bassline that propelled the song" do you mean during the main part or the chords? im going to take that to assume the main part i think since its just the same as the guitar during that, i just didnt know what else to do there since the guitar is so busy.

well actually throughout the whole song. the bass thing you had going just didn't add to the song. a busy guitar partcan benifit from some well placed accent notes from the bass. you can also have a bassline that interwines with a busy part to make it seem faster than it is. sdkeep in mindthat the bass doesn't really have to totally follow the guitar part.

thanx for your commnets on my tune. that drum part was really tough to play over and make it work. i just ended up giving it a shot and hoping that no one would really notice . my songs are written in an oddway. i piece together a drum track with no guitar parts in mind at all. i then see what i can put over the drums and come up with a song that way. this forces me to be inventive.
The main riff is sooo catchy lol, I love it, but with out lyrics it seems just a bit empty.
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!