Page 1 of 3
Searched le Pit and found nothing similair so I decided to create a thread for the purpose of discussing superheroes, supervillains, superpowers, comics and etc.

Let me start. If you were to obtain a superpower what would you choose(nothing too imba like omnipresence and total time control, besides overpowered superheroes are gay). And would be a hero or a villain?

I would personally go with enhanced regeneration(deadpool, wolverine) or superspeed(flash). But I have yet to decide if I would be a good guy or a bad guy.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at May 26, 2011,
I really want the ability to find my lost picks, socks, and lighters instantaneously
'I'm sciencing as fast as I can!'
I'm gonna take this thread seriously because I'm a big comic book fan. I have a tattoo of Wolverine because he is my favourite super hero (and in tribute to my buddy Jesse but I won't get into that) but I would want all his superpowers with the added abilities of Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series and of course TROGDOR!!

Come at me, bro.
Would love to be able to talk to my stuffed tiger and pretend that he has human like abilities and go on some wild adventures...

Calvin and Hobbes is a comic too.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Omnipresence and total time control.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Quote by Holy Katana
There's already a thread. I don't think it's been posted in in a long time, though. It's rather long.

Yeah, there is

I would want the power to make nipples rock hard, and have the ability to shape them into whatever I wat (a la a shark/fist)...
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
The ability to fly only straight upwards, but never, EVER sideways/any kind of diagonal.
Call me Skeletor
Quote by WishfulShredder
Dude NEIL GAIMAN OMG SANDMAN

Alan Moore > Neil Gaiman

I still haven't started From Hell yet. It's so big and daunting. Like, seriously, the biggest graphic novel I've ever seen.

My favorite comic in semi-recent time. But I haven't been following comics since high school (though I really want to get back in to it), can anyone tell me the deal with Captain America since he died?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous

My favorite comic in semi-recent time. But I haven't been following comics since high school (though I really want to get back in to it), can anyone tell me the deal with Captain America since he died?

Must agree that the Civil War storyline had some very interesting comics' in them. It too is one of my faves, deff up there with Blackest Night and Merc with a Mouth. Captain America did indeed die in the result of treachery.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I know that but I remember being told something like he's in the process of coming back (which I'm not sure about, resurrections do bother me in comics, but Cap is my favorite hero ever so I don't want him to be dead). I'm sure sooner or later I'll catch up.

And I get why Cap gets so much hate, but that's just his costume choice (and a few of the things he says, I guess). He's so much more than just a boy scout, he is the embodiment of persistence/perseverance, being the person most looked up to in the Marvel Universe. Certain people won't even fight him because of their respect for him. Also, a lot of people don't seem to know that he's a master tactician, at least on Batman's level or higher.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on the Avengers movies coming out? I personally love them. They're not cinema masterpieces, but they are all really fun to watch. Unlike most comic movies, they are all really accurate where they need to be. And I like the blend of regular Marvel stories with the Ultimate Marvel looks. Because let's face it, we all know Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury is much, much better than the white Nick Fury.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Last edited by lushacrous at May 26, 2011,
Control electricity. Since electricity is defined by the motion of charged subatomic particles and subatomic particles make up all matter, this power also gives you absolute control over all matter. And energy. Since brain functions are a result of electrical pathways, this power also gives you telepathy, mind control, or the power to just kill someone instantly. Factor in that quantum shit, and you can also instantly teleport anywhere in the universe and possibly through time. Magneto should really be a literal god but I guess he's just a pussy. Or comic book people don't pay attention in physics and chemistry.

Maybe it's a bit overpowered. I'll go with the power to create the perfect taco seasoning. I eat a ton of tacos and I spend lots of time trying to create my own recipe for a seasoning that has just the right balance of texture, flavor, and spice. It's harder than you think, and it would really improve my life in a quantifiable way. My dream is to make women silently weep when they eat my tacos. Tacos that open your eyes to the true beauty of existence.

EDIT regarding below post: Oh, I guess my problem is I never actually read comic books haha...
Last edited by Lion_Slicer at May 26, 2011,
Quote by Lion_Slicer
Magneto should really be a literal god but I guess he's just a pussy. Or comic book people don't pay attention in physics and chemistry.

Movie Magneto is a disgrace. Comics Magneto is a god, and his powers extend much further than controlling metal, as if that wasn't enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_(comics)#Powers_and_abilities

The UN gave him his own nation just so he would stay away from them because they were so frightened of his power.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by DaveM666
I would have the power to absorb everyone elses power

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorbing_Man

Realistically, I'd probably take Taskmaster's power. He can learn anything perfectly just by watching it once. As in, he only needs to watch a short video of Hawkeye to become a master marksman.

Unrealistically, I'd be Magneto in a heartbeat.

I need to stop posting in this thread, I haven't geeked out this bad in a long time
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

IMHO the Civil War storyline would have been way cooler if they took out the boring, useless, out-of-plot, Grim-pissing 'Black Panther'(I hate black panther sooooo bad), 'X-factor'(I hate the art and storyline), 'Heroes for Hire'(lolwut), 'Young Avengers and Thunderbolts'(Ich hasse kinder!) and 'Frontline'(yawn) series.

This panel alone made up for any problems I could have with it
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

I occasionally want to get into comics, but then realise if I actually wanted to follow a certain superhero, I'd have to start right at the beginning of their comic, which is usually sometimes in the 60s.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I occasionally want to get into comics, but then realise if I actually wanted to follow a certain superhero, I'd have to start right at the beginning of their comic, which is usually sometimes in the 60s.

It's not really an ongoing story in the way that you'd think. All you really need is a quick Wikipedia search for their origins/the main points.

Though if you want to read from the beginning, you should try some Ultimate Marvel comics. Back in 2000, they restarted and slightly altered all their heroes (Spiderman, the Avengers, X-Men, etc) stories to be more relevant to our time. It's not really the best comic series ever, but an amazing comic book starting point for someone wanting to get into them.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
It's not really an ongoing story like you'd think. All you really need is a quick Wikipedia search for their origins/the main points.

Though if you want to read from the beginning, you should try some Ultimate Marvel comics. Back in 2000, they restarted and slightly altered all their heroes (Spiderman, the Avengers, X-Men, etc) stories to be more relevant to our time. It's not really the best comic series ever, but an amazing comic book starting point.

Comic books are more confusing than I first thought. I remember looking up some series a while ago, and there are like seven different x men series'.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Comic books are more confusing than I first thought. I remember looking up some series a while ago, and there are like seven different x men series'.

Really, you can just go to a comic book store and let them know what kind of series you're looking for and they'll be able to get you what you want.

But yeah, if there's one thing about Marvel, it's that they can never have too many series' out at a time
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
Really, you can just go to a comic book store and let them know what kind of series you're looking for and they'll be able to get you what you want.

But yeah, if there's one thing about Marvel, it's that they can never have too many series' out at a time

There are like no comic stores around here. There used to be a forbidden planet near here but it shut down.
Quote by lushacrous
Movie Magneto is a disgrace. Comics Magneto is a god, and his powers extend much further than controlling metal, as if that wasn't enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_(comics)#Powers_and_abilities

The UN gave him his own nation just so he would stay away from them because they were so frightened of his power.

How do the X-Men fight him?
Quote by Holy Katana

How do the X-Men fight him?

Well it seems to me Magneto is not really an evil character and killing the X-men isn't his main goal. Except for the series where he got Mjolnir and shifted the earth and killed Logan
Quote by Grimriffer
Must agree that the Civil War storyline had some very interesting comics' in them. It too is one of my faves, deff up there with Blackest Night and Merc with a Mouth. Captain America did indeed die in the result of treachery.

He's alive again, though. The bullet put him in some weird time pocket that he had to fight his way out of or something, I'm not clear on the details, but he's now head of SHIELD.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I've only read a few comics, Scott Pilgrim, Watchmen and The Preacher, but I loved those and want to read more. Just haven't. Going to pick up V for Vendetta soon.
Superhero comics are simply too big a time investment for me to want to get into them. I'm more a graphic novels person.
Last edited by cornmancer at May 26, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
He's alive again, though. The bullet put him in some weird time pocket that he had to fight his way out of or something, I'm not clear on the details, but he's now head of SHIELD.

Cool, I guess. I did a quick readthrough on his Wikipedia entry, and the circumstances seem a little lame, even for a comic book explanation for resurrecting someone, but it'll probably seem better once I get to reading the real thing. Does he still use his shield in the new getup? Because it's just not the same without the shield. But I'm glad nonetheless that he's still alive.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by cornmancer
I've only read a few comics, Scott Pilgrim, Watchmen and The Preacher, but I loved those and want to read more. Just haven't. Going to pick up V for Vendetta soon.
Superhero comics are simply too big a time investment for me to want to get into them. I'm more a graphic novels person.

'Preacher' is a wave of awesome everytime I read it. I have V for Vendetta, but to be honest I find it quite boring(maybe because of my infantility?) and have read it only about two or three times. If you want some kick-ass graphic novels I recommend you pick up Frank Miller's '300'. It's my alltime favorite read. First time I read that shit it gave me the chills. I'm even considering tattooing a spartan.
Quote by Weaponxclaws
I'm gonna take this thread seriously because I'm a big comic book fan. I have a tattoo of Wolverine because he is my favourite super hero (and in tribute to my buddy Jesse but I won't get into that) but I would want all his superpowers with the added abilities of Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series and of course TROGDOR!!

Come at me, bro.

Great tattoo choice , i myself am getting the silver surfer.

Only problem i have with wolverine is that in the first animated series , he was made really shitty and he just sucked at everything, and sort of upsets me that is only 5'4

And also i agree with what they did to magneto in the movies... HE IS THE STRONGEST SUPERVILLAN EVER!
come on like he gets his own island because there scared of what he can do!
Genosha ftw
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by Lion_Slicer
Control electricity. Since electricity is defined by the motion of charged subatomic particles and subatomic particles make up all matter, this power also gives you absolute control over all matter. And energy. Since brain functions are a result of electrical pathways, this power also gives you telepathy, mind control, or the power to just kill someone instantly. Factor in that quantum shit, and you can also instantly teleport anywhere in the universe and possibly through time. Magneto should really be a literal god but I guess he's just a pussy. Or comic book people don't pay attention in physics and chemistry.

I don't think controlling electricity would grant you mind control or telepathy. Controlling it outside of someone's brain and into yours and having it make sense would take a bit more than that I think. I guess you could still kill someone instantly though, but shocking them to death would get you more style points.
Quote by blake1221
I don't think controlling electricity would grant you mind control or telepathy. Controlling it outside of someone's brain and into yours and having it make sense would take a bit more than that I think. I guess you could still kill someone instantly though, but shocking them to death would get you more style points.

buttttttt do you really want to look like this guy....
Epiphone Dot Cherry red
Fender Standard Stratocaster black 1980s model
Epiphone EJ-200CE Natural
Telecaster Fender custom
Roland Micro Cube
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
orange tiny terror
Quote by ShortSpaceWAng

And also i agree with what they did to magneto in the movies... HE IS THE STRONGEST SUPERVILLAN EVER!
come on like he gets his own island because there scared of what he can do!
Genosha ftw

Though he's not a supervillian. Or a hero. Or an antihero. Or an antivillian. Or something in between. He's just Magneto

Magneto is easily my second favorite comic character after Steve Rogers, and the movies made him look like a complete wuss. Though judging from the previews for First Class, it looks like he's at least a little closer to what he should be.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Last edited by lushacrous at May 27, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?
I would have the ability to "mute" the goddamned birds that congregate outside my window every morning.

This made me think of this: [X]
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
weed man
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 1 of 3