I have an old stereo speaker cab rated at 8 ohms and 25 watts, it has like a 1/8 jack hole, can I safely use say for a temporary fix, a little pedal jumper cable with a 1/8 inch converter on one side or, a 1/8 inch cable with a 1/4" converter?
I guess so, as long as you're using speaker cable and aren't mismatching ohms or using too much wattage.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I'll be playing with a guitar cable from joining pedals not a speaker cable, so it will be about 6 inches long, I will be using a 200 (160 at 8 ohms) watt bass amp turned to like 1 (light test)
Don't do it without a speaker cable, you could seriously damage something.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
What I mean is don't connect the amp to the speaker without a speaker cable. I also would not connect a 200w bass amp to a 25w speaker. The speaker will blow.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
all I needed to know, I have one actually, now that I think about it, 1/4 on both sides, can I plug a 1/8 inch adaptor into it without any reprocussions?
Again, I can't think of any reason you'd run into problems.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I've never seen any decent speaker cab with an 1/8" connector. Low powered computer speakers have them. That 25watts may be peak or peak to peak watts, which really means a few watts. The 6" instrument/pedal cable probably won't burn up before the speaker blows so you could use it. Go for it, just keep the vol low.