Hey guys, have just comeon to a fair bit of money, and i am in dire need to upgrade my amp for gigs.

Budget? - $1200ish AU

Genres? - Pop Punk / Post Hardcore

New or Used? - I Would definately prefer a new amp, unless something absolutely amazing, and a steal for the price asked came about.

Home or Gig? - Im looking for something to gig with.

Closest City? - I currently reside in Western Sydney.

Current Gear? - Peavey Vypyr 15W, and my guitar is a ESP EC-50

Any help is really appreciated guys, i just unfortunately have no clue when it comes to amps.

*edit* I also just recently bought this pedal
http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/g21u/

If that changes anything?
Last edited by damien93 at May 26, 2011,
I actually have no idea of how much AU$ actually are in US dollars or €, but for your needs you might want a Blackstat Stage 100 or one of the lower priced Engls maybe.
The currency translation won't be much help given that amps are notoriously more expensive in Australia.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Bearing in mind from what I've heard in Australia prices are jacked up quite high due to importing and such... Might want to keep that in mind and if you can check out the prices and amps at local stores.
Bugera 333, 333XL, 6262 and 6260 are all in that price range, as is the Peavey 6505+ combo.

Used, you can probably pick up a 6505 or a 5150 (the model that came before the 6505) if you're lucky.

The VHT Lead 40 might also just fall in that budget, if not the Lead 20 definitely does.

I'm not sure how much gain they have, but you can get a Blackstar Club 40 for that price, with enough money left over for a decent boost if you need it.
Bugera TriRec?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.