Hi,
i just signed up, i live in australia always got my tabs and chords here but never signed up until just recently... anyway i have two chord progressions that have been in my head for the past couple of years i tried to put into a song but i just can't.... any tips to where i should goo???

capo 2nd fret - standard tuning, () = 2nd play through progression

e 0 0 (3) 0 (3) --> 0 (5)
B 0 1 (3) 1 (3) --> 3 (5)
G 0 0 (0) 0 (0) --> 0 (0)
D 2 2 (2) 2 (2) --> 4 (4)
A 3 3 (3) 3 (3) --> 5 (5)
E 0 0 (0) 0 (0) --> 0 (0)

e 0 (0) 0 (0) 0 (0)
B 5 (0) 7 (0) 8 (8)
G 0 (5) 0 (7) 0 (9)
D 0 (0) 0 (0) 0(0)
A 3 (3) 5 (5) 7(7)
E 0 (0) 0 (0) 0(0)

i hope you understand it
Last edited by lordofit at May 26, 2011,
I think this should be move to Techniques. I'm reporting it and maybe AngryGoldfish can move it for you.

But it looks like you just have a C going to a D, then ending with a variation of Em.

You're playing in the key of G major. So personally the easiest starting point for writing a melody is the 5th above each of those chords. (G - A - B) start humming around there and something will come around eventually.

*reported*
Quote by lordofit
Hi,
i just signed up, i live in australia always got my tabs and chords here but never signed up until just recently... anyway i have two chord progressions that have been in my head for the past couple of years i tried to put into a song but i just can't.... any tips to where i should goo???

capo 2nd fret - standard tuning, () = 2nd play through progression

e 0 0 (3) 0 (3) --> 0 (5)
B 0 1 (3) 1 (3) --> 3 (5)
G 0 0 (0) 0 (0) --> 0 (0)
D 2 2 (2) 2 (2) --> 4 (4)
A 3 3 (3) 3 (3) --> 5 (5)
E 0 0 (0) 0 (0) --> 0 (0)

e 0 (0) 0 (0) 0 (0)
B 5 (0) 7 (0) 8 (8)
G 0 (5) 0 (7) 0 (9)
D 0 (0) 0 (0) 0(0)
A 3 (3) 5 (5) 7(7)
E 0 (0) 0 (0) 0(0)

i hope you understand it

Sure basically you're playing on C using embellishments like the Major 7th, then to D

The you are using intervals of the G Major scale in 10ths, running step wise through the diatonic via C D Em Your other chords that you can use easily are

G Am Bm C D Em F (as a bVII)

Look up cadences also, and learn about how chords can resolve, such as a Plagal from IV to I, and decide how you want your music to move.

All of this seems to be in the key of G Major. A great twist would be to sub out a C for Cm or come back to the C and play C then Cm then D then back to G

Sean
Quote by Sean0913
Sure basically you're playing on C using embellishments like the Major 7th, then to D

The you are using intervals of the G Major scale in 10ths, running step wise through the diatonic via C D Em Your other chords that you can use easily are

G Am Bm C D Em F (as a bVII)

Look up cadences also, and learn about how chords can resolve, such as a Plagal from IV to I, and decide how you want your music to move.

All of this seems to be in the key of G Major. A great twist would be to sub out a C for Cm or come back to the C and play C then Cm then D then back to G

Sean

Ok i never learnt theory beyond base chords so any way for you to dumb it down or should i start learning???

thanks for all replies i appreciate it!!