Hey Dudes,

I bought a cable like that one:

and a converter like that one:

the end with the converter goes in the pc through the line out and the other in my acoustic electric, now there's something that is pissing me off , my point from the start to buy this cable is that I can't afford an amp right now, no one in my family helps me with anything, I'm the one who saved to buy the guitar and I'm the one who spends every penny related to it, anyway, the sound was so weird as if it was a distorted bass guitar, and a bad distorted bass =|, then I thought that it might be the software, I have Audacity 1.3 and GuitarFX 3.04 and still no help, I thought it maybe the settings but nothing changed, someone told me to change my guitar's EQ batteries nothing changed, then once I was trying to connect it and when I press record FU**ING LOUD NOISE COMES OUT without me playing anything, and the PC never reads my signal but keeps getting out this loud noise, What's wrong ? I need to fix this so I can record my demo, and is there a way to get a really good sound with out connecting to an amp just the guitar and the pc ?, and anyway I can make my guitar sound clean ? and can I add effects and stuff like electric guitar distortion that will sound good ?, thank you that was really long.
When you plug the cable into your computer, make sure you have it set to microphone and not line-in. If I remember right, I had this same problem.
Quote by tcg32428
When you plug the cable into your computer, make sure you have it set to microphone and not line-in. If I remember right, I had this same problem.

man, thank you, it sounds much much better now, it's really cleaner now, except for the low E it's a bit distorted but I'll work on it till it gets better .

Quote by GS LEAD 5
a) You need ASIO driver
b) you need an amp sim software like Puolin or Amplitube
c) You need an interface.

Face it, an amp is cheaper.

Thank you too, man, I'll try to get those softwares, I know it's a lot better to use an amp, but around here the cheapest amp will cost me 500 pounds, I need the money first :|.
Ok, first of all - is there a volume control on your guitar's preamp? If so, turn it down until you get enough signal but the distortion that is left (on the low E, you said) has gone completely.

Secondly - ignore most of what GS LEAD 5 said. To get a good sound with an amp it is NOT cheaper, and I strongly suggest you never try to plug any amp directly into your computer without researching on the safe ways to do this, or you could damage the amp and the computer (not to mention it generally sounds crap this way, unless you are patient enough to spend the time experimenting like ethan_hanus on here has done).

Also, it is only better to use an amp (which is opinion/preference anyway) if you have: a) a good guitar; going into b) a good amp; recorded by c) a decent microphone that is well-placed; feeding d) a good audio interface/preamp and converters. If you have all that - then feel free to record your amp, but seeing as you're using an electro-acoustic that is pretty pointless and I would rather mic up the guitar itself and/or get a clean DI from the guitar input jack and blend the sounds in the DAW.

And as for ASIO, that depends on what computer you have and what interface and DAW setup you run - not all DAW's like ASIO, Pro Tools (the older versions anyway, and HD) and Logic will not work with ASIO drivers of any form, as they use their own drivers (although, Logic's CoreAudio isn't exclusive to Logic - it's just that noone but Apple has decided to use it)... and PT and Logic are probably the two top DAWs found in major studios, with (I'd imagine) Nuendo/Cubase next.

Amp sims aren't essential for an electro acoustic btw, although if you want to add effects then they're likely to have many of the ones popular to guitarists. If all you want is a clean acoustic sound you should do fine just clean in, and then using your DAW's EQ and other effects to get the sound you want.

If you have the money, I'd suggest some form of audio interface is your next purchase, as they are all but essential to a good sound on a budget, unless you record to a multi-track recorder instead of a computer. You can get single-input ones, aimed at guitarists, for well under £100 so that shouldn't be a problem I'd imagine.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Ok, first of all - is there a volume control on your guitar's preamp? If so, turn it down until you get enough signal but the distortion that is left (on the low E, you said) has gone completely.

Secondly - ignore most of what GS LEAD 5 said. To get a good sound with an amp it is NOT cheaper, and I strongly suggest you never try to plug any amp directly into your computer without researching on the safe ways to do this, or you could damage the amp and the computer (not to mention it generally sounds crap this way, unless you are patient enough to spend the time experimenting like ethan_hanus on here has done).

Also, it is only better to use an amp (which is opinion/preference anyway) if you have: a) a good guitar; going into b) a good amp; recorded by c) a decent microphone that is well-placed; feeding d) a good audio interface/preamp and converters. If you have all that - then feel free to record your amp, but seeing as you're using an electro-acoustic that is pretty pointless and I would rather mic up the guitar itself and/or get a clean DI from the guitar input jack and blend the sounds in the DAW.

And as for ASIO, that depends on what computer you have and what interface and DAW setup you run - not all DAW's like ASIO, Pro Tools (the older versions anyway, and HD) and Logic will not work with ASIO drivers of any form, as they use their own drivers (although, Logic's CoreAudio isn't exclusive to Logic - it's just that noone but Apple has decided to use it)... and PT and Logic are probably the two top DAWs found in major studios, with (I'd imagine) Nuendo/Cubase next.

Amp sims aren't essential for an electro acoustic btw, although if you want to add effects then they're likely to have many of the ones popular to guitarists. If all you want is a clean acoustic sound you should do fine just clean in, and then using your DAW's EQ and other effects to get the sound you want.

If you have the money, I'd suggest some form of audio interface is your next purchase, as they are all but essential to a good sound on a budget, unless you record to a multi-track recorder instead of a computer. You can get single-input ones, aimed at guitarists, for well under £100 so that shouldn't be a problem I'd imagine.

I second all of this! Disarm is one of the people who knows what he is talking about compared to most people who frequent the recording section now-a-days. (We really need a "Who to Listen to" sticky)
Quote by FireHawk
Quote by DisarmGoliath

I second all of this! Disarm is one of the people who knows what he is talking about compared to most people who frequent the recording section now-a-days. (We really need a "Who to Listen to" sticky)

Man, I thank both of you so much , and yeah Disarm seems like a sensible guy, I'll get the DAW now, and will try getting an audio interface, thank you guy again, you really helped