How do I DIRECTLY record into a PC? I heard you need one of them things (Which I can't remember the name of), and even if I do get them how will I be able to get the tone I want, Also how will I get distortion?

Thanks,
I just run a lead from the line out on my amp to my computer :S
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
Do you mean just record straight from your amp into PC? If you cant plug it directly in, you will need to get a microphone and use a software such as "audacity" to acutally record it with.

If you get a good guitar pedal or something you can record straight to the PC with them and get some amazing tones... I have RP150 for that, although i cant use it because i need a new power supply :S
I can't remember the exact name of it either, but it's a converter jack that allows you to plug the patch cord into the line in of the computer, so you would plug into your amp normally, then take another patch cord from the line out of the amp, and then into the line in of your computer. I'll edit my post if I can remember the name of the piece.
Step by step instructions (I don't think I missed anything, but you never know):

The best way to get a good tone fast and easy is buy an audio interface and get a DAW (Reaper is free). Next connect the interface to your PC and plug your guitar into it. Open your DAW. Get an amp simulator (such as TSE X50) and an impulse loader VST (such as Keifer). Download guitar impulses (pretty easy to find through google). Place the amp simulator on a mixer track. Then place the impulse loader on the mixing track after the amp sim. Load an impulse in the impulse loader. Set the correct input on that mixer track. JAM!
Quote by FireHawk
Step by step instructions (I don't think I missed anything, but you never know):

The best way to get a good tone fast and easy is buy an audio interface and get a DAW (Reaper is free). Next connect the interface to your PC and plug your guitar into it. Open your DAW. Get an amp simulator (such as TSE X50) and an impulse loader VST (such as Keifer). Download guitar impulses (pretty easy to find through google). Place the amp simulator on a mixer track. Then place the impulse loader on the mixing track after the amp sim. Load an impulse in the impulse loader. Set the correct input on that mixer track. JAM!

YES!! Interface!! << That's what it's called. x)
Thanks man, How much is a cheap yet still quality interface?
Quote by MaddMann274
YES!! Interface!! << That's what it's called. x)
Thanks man, How much is a cheap yet still quality interface?

$100+, depends on what you want to record

For all the idiots saying "Plug guitar/amp direct into computer", please log off of UG and break your computer/laptop in half. Stupid advice like that leads to stupid questions like "Why does my tone sound like shit"
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf

For all the idiots saying "Plug guitar/amp direct into computer", please log off of UG and break your computer/laptop in half. Stupid advice like that leads to stupid questions like "Why does my tone sound like shit"

Depends on what I want to record? o.O
Let's say I want to record Metal stuff, and also some acoustic stuff. What would you suggest?
Quote by lockwolf

Thank you lockwolf. If any of you have ever considered doing this, please, don't. I've done it myself and it resulted in my mic jack going to shit. (<--unavoidable) You have no way to control mic gain this way, and you overload the jack so easily. Again, for anyone considering this, buy an interface.
I actually found out I can use my Zoom pedal as an interface yesterday.. haha
and I had that pedal for 3 years. T_T
I finished doing a recording, quality is not bad.
Don't see this as any form of advertisement, but can you check the recorded mp3 (Its on my profile) and tell me whether a seperate interface will have more quality.

^^ Much appreciated
Thanks,