Page 1 of 2
So i used to play WoW but i stopped playing almost straight away after i hit 85 because the cata content just didnt seem to be as good as what i loved about wow (TBC content)
Unfortunatly now the MMO cravings have kicked in and i thought about going back to it but i hear lots of members are leaving to go join rift but i know very little about this game
I know some of guys must know about this kinda stuff any advice on which game to get??
Thanks
Get neither and wait for the World Of Darkness MMO to release, that shit is going to be EPIC
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Just googled Rift, that shit looks so much better than WoW (and I used to adore WoW).
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I got to like level 20 in Rift but then quit because it was boring.

But if you liked WoW you'd probably like it.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
the other thing that worries me about getting rift is if i dont like its a waste of money buying the thing because i already have wow on my battle.net account so thats just the monthly cost
Quote by Tedis1111
the other thing that worries me about getting rift is if i dont like its a waste of money buying the thing because i already have wow on my battle.net account so thats just the monthly cost

I think I saw a free trial on the Rift website so you may aswell try it and decide for yourself.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I think I saw a free trial on the Rift website so you may aswell try it and decide for yourself.

the thing i find with MMOs is you play them for the higher level stuff which you cant really get the feel of with trials, i will play the trial i just wanted to see if anyone had the game to give a decent overview of it or anyone who plays WoW could tell how the game is at the moment
Rift endgame is at the moment, slightly hit and miss. You end up running the same instances over and over to gear up for raiding where you run it over and over to do the next raid. That said there have already been 2 fairly sizable content patches adding 2 new raids. If you enjoy raiding and can get a good guild you will probably have plenty of fun. If you want to play Rift of PvP then there are better games out there as the classes are fairly unbalanced in 1v1 and pre-made PvP groups tend to dominate newcomers which can lead to a very unsatisfactory gaming experience.

If you want more info read some user reviews at mmorpg.com or somewhere similar.
Definitely minecraft.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
I like WoW. Give the end-game content another go, IMO.

I was in the beta (Can't remember if it's open or beta) for Rift, and while the concept was refreshing, it got very boring after awhile. The graphics are nice, but I don't think the gameplay is as polished.

I'm interested to see how the game goes given enough time. I have half a mind to think that it's going to be like other supposed 'WoW-killers' (i.e going to die out and nobody will ever remember it), though.
WoW, just because I haven't played Rift. And TBC was shit compared to vanilla. >_>
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
RuneScape!
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Rift is a lot like WoW, even the talent trees are pretty much the same. But it seems like Rift are trying to be better at the stuff WoW isn't. Take Character migration as one example, Rift is offering free migration, while in WoW it's a whopping 20€. Rift will most likely get big on the features that Blizzard failed to do on WoW.
Ah, the WoW addiction calling out to you from the past. Haven't played it in 2 years, WoTLK was fairly poor to be honest :P I want TBC back

Btw, lately I've thought of going back on it, how's Cataclysm?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
Ah, the WoW addiction calling out to you from the past. Haven't played it in 2 years, WoTLK was fairly poor to be honest :P I want TBC back

Personally, I like it. Huge step up from the atrocity that was Wrath of the Lich King.
My guild only just finished Tier 11 raiding, but then again we try to have a real life.
But, 5 man heroics are a bit harder than in wotlk. You actually have to CC mobs now (or you did when in fresh blues, there are still some places where you need to CC) just like the old days. Raid content is as good as ever, but some boss mechanics are lacking just that 'something' to really become a great encounter. There still seems to be the "give epics for players that don't raid" thingy going on whenever a new patch comes out, at least I think that's what happening in 4.2 when Firelands comes out.
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
Personally, I like it. Huge step up from the atrocity that was Wrath of the Lich King.
My guild only just finished Tier 11 raiding, but then again we try to have a real life.
But, 5 man heroics are a bit harder than in wotlk. You actually have to CC mobs now (or you did when in fresh blues, there are still some places where you need to CC) just like the old days. Raid content is as good as ever, but some boss mechanics are lacking just that 'something' to really become a great encounter. There still seems to be the "give epics for players that don't raid" thingy going on whenever a new patch comes out, at least I think that's what happening in 4.2 when Firelands comes out.

I don't think they'll ever beat TBC though, maybe I'm wrong. It could just be my over-whelming nostalgia that makes me idolise the original and TBC.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica

They've given up the pussyfooting and just totally made Mages OP, both from PvE and PvP standpoints. The PvE content is decent, the bosses have some new and interesting mechanics. My guild is at Nefarian now but what with exams we've halted progression.

PvP-wise, I have to admit it's pretty fun. Speaking as a hunter.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by KirkMetallica

At the moment lots of players are leaving for stuff like rift, personally i hated cata
Quote by Ahteh
Neither. Quite before they devour your soul!

haha, i never got addicted to it before :L
Oh man, the days when I used to play WoW. Kinda get urges to go back on it again but the download takes so long by the time it'd be done I'd have lost interest again
Check out my fitness blog here
Guild wars 2
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Try real life. The 3D is excellent and the chicks are HOT. The sound is like beyond 7.1

I spent way too many hours playing those stupid games. I was in beta for just about all of them (from Earth and Beyond, SWG, all the way to WoW, Everquest, Ryzom, etc) all it did was make me fat and wasted my time.
Quote by samhell
Try real life. The 3D is excellent and the chicks are HOT. The sound is like beyond 7.1

I spent way too many hours playing those stupid games. I was in beta for just about all of them (from Earth and Beyond, SWG, all the way to WoW, Everquest, Ryzom, etc) all it did was make me fat and wasted my time.

Did you enjoy the time you spent playing them? If you did, the time wasn't wasted. If not, you're a moron for spending so much time playing a game you don't enjoy.

Either way, if you spent enough time on the games that you gained a whole bunch of weight, that's an issue with your force of will, not the games.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Kilobyte
Did you enjoy the time you spent playing them? If you did, the time wasn't wasted. If not, you're a moron for spending so much time playing a game you don't enjoy.

Either way, if you spent enough time on the games that you gained a whole bunch of weight, that's an issue with your force of will, not the games.

that ^
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by samhell

dont be stupid, yes i play games and im happy doing it but i dont get addicted, i go out lots keep up to date with my school work and keep fit.
Quote by Aurigo
Play WoW whilst you wait for guild wars 2?

Fix'd

Only go back to WoW if you have some friends. I've realized that most MMOs are hard to stick with without friends. And I highly recommend you check out GW2, it's going to have some badass mechanics. Such as spell interaction. Here's an example:

You are the warrior class and your friend is the mage class. There's a huge mob of enemies and you both want to AoE the shit out of them. Rather than just both of you using individual AoEs, the mage can set down a fire wall, and when you "Bladestorm" through it, your axe will catch on fire and deal extra damage
I played this MMORPG once, but then I went out instead. And you know what? I had fun doing that!
Quote by The_Casinator
I played this MMORPG once, but then I went out instead. And you know what? I had fun doing that!

refer to my earlier post and grow up

I have thought about guild wars 2 but i dont when it comes out, as someone said i would play rift while i wait for it
Yes i have friends to play 3 or 4 of us are looking for a new MMO
Quote by Spartan101400
Yeah, if there was some form of Security in the online service

Tru dat.

Naw, but seriously TS go for WoW.

PC master race here.
Quote by samhell

The only problem with Real Life is sometimes the girl your hitting on is being played by a guy... and when you find out, the damage is worse.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Lord of the Rings Online. If you have any interest at all in the world created by Tolkien, it's great. It's not too based on grinding through levels and the like... it's more about exploring the world and stuff (at least in my experience). It's also free to startplaying. I've been really enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm also a huge Tolkien fan though... and know a lot of LotR Lore... so the game rubs the tip of my nerd penis and really gets me going in that manner.
Quote by Tedis1111
So i used to play WoW but i stopped playing almost straight away after i hit 85 because the cata content just didnt seem to be as good as what i loved about wow (TBC content)
Unfortunatly now the MMO cravings have kicked in and i thought about going back to it but i hear lots of members are leaving to go join rift but i know very little about this game
I know some of guys must know about this kinda stuff any advice on which game to get??
Thanks

It's even worse now than at Cata launch, so don't bother.

I played Rift during the beta, but it was tedious.
Maybe you can find a trial or something in the internets.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Page 1 of 2