why don't u try to find your own style and be original? this whole I'm gonna attempt myself at copying 13 differnt music types is a such waste of time dude
Quote by fendercopyuser
why don't u try to find your own style and be original? this whole I'm gonna attempt myself at copying 13 differnt music types is a such waste of time dude

maybe because its good practice especially if he is on a some kind of music course.
Quote by fendercopyuser

Learning about the conventions of different styles and applying that to your own creative process isn't copying music. By your logic every band of any genre isn't original because they wouldn't be sufficiently "different" from other songs of that genre. Unless of course I've stolen songs (which I damn well hope I haven't), in which case I'd invite you to let me know (seriously, i would not want to steal any songs that'd suck). I'm not copying different styles.

Plus drawing from influences is how people usually find their own sound, i don't know how you find yours?

Furthermore professional songwriters like Max Martin write according to conventions for different artists (he's done lots of the hits of Katy Perry, Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys etc). So it's good practice!

Rant over.
Last edited by hellz at May 27, 2011,
Quote by fendercopyuser

Yeah man that is totally ignorant to the art of music writing and recording...

There is not enough I or anyone else here can say about how much you can learn from breaking down past and present music styles to see which flavors you like.
hey man
ive listened to most of the songs you did, i think i only missed 11 and 12.
anyway, in this one i think the vocals have improved but still have alot of work needed.
and the drums need more dynamics, they sound very boring.
the whole sound of everything is very good and the song is basically pretty cool. good work

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445267
Quote by semus
hey man
ive listened to most of the songs you did, i think i only missed 11 and 12.
anyway, in this one i think the vocals have improved but still have alot of work needed.
and the drums need more dynamics, they sound very boring.
the whole sound of everything is very good and the song is basically pretty cool. good work

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1445267

Thanks for the feedback, will keep that in mind. Giving C4C now
Quote by jdalivetube
Yeah man that is totally ignorant to the art of music writing and recording...

There is not enough I or anyone else here can say about how much you can learn from breaking down past and present music styles to see which flavors you like.

Thank you
ok, don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity and stuff, and if this is good for practicing I'm totally fine with that It's just not that good from a music point of view to be honest
Quote by fendercopyuser
ok, don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity and stuff, and if this is good for practicing I'm totally fine with that It's just not that good from a music point of view to be honest

What's a "music point of view"?