Hey,
I'll be getting the AX3000G in some time. I was wondering how to use it to record, as it has MIDI, and S/PDIF.
Does MIDI and S/PDIF help in recording? What are they for?
And if I want to connect it to my computer, how am I supposed to go about it?
Also, can I use to to record via my PC?
Please tell me what cables, equipment, whatever I need, so I know how I'll be doing this.

One more thing, is it better to buy a processor/multi-effects that has USB, so that one could connect it to the PC, and record with it?
Last edited by rajshah at May 26, 2011,
You can buy an optical/toslink cable and plug it straight into the line-in port your computer from the back of your AX3000g. These cost a couple of bucks. Good luck, the AG3000g is a nice machine for the money!
Quote by shadowspy
You can buy an optical/toslink cable and plug it straight into the line-in port your computer from the back of your AX3000g. These cost a couple of bucks. Good luck, the AG3000g is a nice machine for the money!

Oh okay, thanks.
I wont get any delays or buzzing sounds, will I? So I can record peacefully?
And the line-in port is the mic port, right?
And I checked the toslink cable, and its ends look too big for them to go in.
Quote by rajshah
Oh okay, thanks.
I wont get any delays or buzzing sounds, will I? So I can record peacefully?
And the line-in port is the mic port, right?
And I checked the toslink cable, and its ends look too big for them to go in.

The line-in port is indeed the mic port. Sorry

Ofcourse it'll sound different than when you plug it into your amp. From my amp it sounds better than when you plug it into the PC. I guess it sounds a bit more digital on the distortion, but for cleans it sounds great. It's not horrific though. Still good enough to record songs and you can always tweak the sound with some EQ-ing.

For the toslink, you'll need one with 2 different ends. 1 for the mic port and the one that comes standard on a toslink cable. The port can be found on the back. (The one with the plastic cover, which blocks the light. You need to push the cover inside with the cable.) I hope this makes things clear for you.
Last edited by shadowspy at May 26, 2011,
Quote by shadowspy
The line-in port is indeed the mic port. Sorry

Ofcourse it'll sound different than when you plug it into your amp. From my amp it sounds better than when you plug it into the PC. I guess it sounds a bit more digital on the distortion, but for cleans it sounds great. It's not horrific though. Still good enough to record songs and you can always tweak the sound with some EQ-ing.

For the toslink, you'll need one with 2 different ends. 1 for the mic port and the one that comes standard on a toslink cable. The port can be found on the back. (The one with the plastic cover, which blocks the light. You need to push the cover inside with the cable.) I hope this makes things clear for you.

Sure man, thanks. By the way, to improve the sound, I've heard of people using stuff like guitar rig, amplitube, etc so that they could improve the sound.
Does that really help?
And what if I want to record from my amp?
Lol I'm really a noob at this stuff, recording is new for me.
You can record from your amp by buying a proper mic. A popular mic is the Shure SM57. Ofcourse this is a more expensive way, but it will probably sound better too. You can use software like guitar rig and amplitube to improve your sound, but ofcourse it won't sound anything like a real amp. But it's definatly recordable.
Quote by shadowspy
You can record from your amp by buying a proper mic. A popular mic is the Shure SM57. Ofcourse this is a more expensive way, but it will probably sound better too. You can use software like guitar rig and amplitube to improve your sound, but ofcourse it won't sound anything like a real amp. But it's definatly recordable.

Oh okay, thanks man. That clears out everything. Recording from the amp with a mic will be a better option than plugging the guitar in the computer.
Thanks again.