So I own a POD XT Live and im not really happy with the way it sounds in the FX Loop of my amp specially after the ISP noise decimator which im also runnign in the loop. I think it has to do with the multieffects not giving as much power and quality over the individual pedals. So, my question is that I have options of running these 2 choices in my FX Loop, which one would be better sound quality and controlwise (price isn't a big concern)

I.
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Eventide Pitchfactor
Eventide Modfactor
Eventide Timefactor

II.
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Digitech Harmonyman OR Whammy OR Pitchfactor
Individual BOSS/MXR Chorus, Flanger, Phasers etc
NOVA ND Delay
EHX Cathedral Reverb
Morpheus Droptune up there somewhere

People say I. will sound really good because Eventide is pretty awesome at AD/DA and really getting the effects down but will I run into the same "multieffects issues" (sepcially with the modfactor which has tons of effects). How does the Eventide chain compare with using good-high quality individual pedals?

I know this is too much to take in, but i like to be descriptive lol (and confusing too) haha
Eventide stuff is top of the line.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I have an Eventide Timefactor,and I can tell you tis an epic pedal!

However I think you need to reconsider the decision... if you can afford 3 Eventides, why don't you get the TC Electronic G-System or better still the G-Force?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I've owned the Eventide pitchfactor and timefactor. They are the best stomp boxes that I've ever used. But for the same money that you're thinking of spending on three eventide boxes, you can achieve the same results with an Axe-Fx or nearly the same with a much cheaper rack mount effect like an older Digitech 2120, which would give you a lot more effects as well.
Yea the guys above me are all correct. For that money, skip stompboxes and buy a rack mounted super amazing multi effect. Eventide does make a rackmounted multi effects so you could even do that. The TC Gsystem as stated above and the Axe-Fx are also good choices. With the budget you seem to have, you can do so many amazing things with rack mounted gear and just have a midi controller on the floor to switch everything. Much research is needed before buying stuff but if you have questions obviously you know where to go.
I'd have to agree about the multifx thing; I used my X3 through the loop of my triple rec, and it just sounded like arse. I normally like everything the X3 has to offer, but it just uglied up the sound when it was in the loop, even with absolutely nothing turned on. Love to know why.

I can't comment on the eventide stuff, but my requirement has become that everything be true-bypass, and preferably analogue. I like being able to leave my pedalboard intact without having to rearrange it depending on what I want for any given song/band. Plus, if you're gigging, it's a lovely extra bit of peace of mind to be able to have a pedal die mid-song and not ruin your sound.

I also completely hated the Morpheus Droptune, really 'faked' up the sound, in my opinion.
E
V
E
N
T
I
D
E

Quote by Wolffgang
I'd have to agree about the multifx thing; I used my X3 through the loop of my triple rec, and it just sounded like arse. I normally like everything the X3 has to offer, but it just uglied up the sound when it was in the loop, even with absolutely nothing turned on. Love to know why.

I can't comment on the eventide stuff, but my requirement has become that everything be true-bypass, and preferably analogue. I like being able to leave my pedalboard intact without having to rearrange it depending on what I want for any given song/band. Plus, if you're gigging, it's a lovely extra bit of peace of mind to be able to have a pedal die mid-song and not ruin your sound.

I also completely hated the Morpheus Droptune, really 'faked' up the sound, in my opinion.

Simple explanation. The pre 2010 Dual and Triple rec's use parallel effects loops. From what I have heard, those dont work too well with MFX systems. Hit "Dual Rectifier G Major" and see the results.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at May 26, 2011,
Ok, I see.

However, wouldn't the rackmount multieffects run into the same problem as my PODXT where the multieffects in the loop just don't sound as good as individual stompboxes? Also, if I do get individual rackmount effects, they'd be exponentially more expensive right?
Gah that's the 3rd time this has happened cuz of multiple tabs.

I meant to type what is it about the sound from the Pod that you did not like. While Bugeras aren't the top of the line amps, they aren't exactly toys either. What happened to your tone?

While Eventides are no toys, the G Major or the G Force are very high quality and powerful rack unit. What exactly does your Bugera do to your tone that you do not like?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at May 27, 2011,