My band's about to play its first 'real show', and hopefully a string of shows after that. Obviously we need a name. Somehow we've managed to right 20+ songs that are worth listening to (in our opinions), and not give a name any consideration. We're a Christian metal(core) band.

Sinners Should be Bludgeoned
Cleansed by Blood
Fate of the Innocent

Those are 3 names we came up with in like 4 minutes yesterday. lol. any of those sound decent? Any feedback or other ideas for a name would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Out of those three....fate of the innocent
The first two sound a bit violent for a christian band XD

Or you could go for my personal favourite (as my old band were called)
Nick Green and Anal Rage...me being Nick Green
Sinners Should be Bludgeoned is definitely not a good name for a Christian band.
Fate of the Innocent sounds better, but idk still kinda dark.
I personally like Cleansed by Blood because it's not happy happy joy joy, but it's not about beating sinners. And I see a lot of meaning in it compared to the other names.
My Gear:
Taylor 410CE
Fender Highway One Strat HSS
Egnater Rebel 112X
Egnater Rebel 20
Digitech RP350
PIRATES!!!

Quote by VolumeControl
I once hypnotized my pet rock,. He just sat there...hypnotized out of his mind.
you know, i skipped right to the names without reading the rest of the post, and though to myself "these sound like bad generic metalcore names" and then i read the rest of the post.

none of them are particularly good, but Cleansed by Blood has probably been done before.

this thread had some decent ideas. and some real funny ones.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Scarified96
Sorry, gotta troll a little: Rectal Rapture

LOL
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
have you tried a band name generator? just google it and you'll come up with a bunch.

No lie....that's how my band got its name. our singer/guitarist wrote down like 40 names and we picked one we could agree on. btw...we are a Christian Hard Rock/Metal band from NY.
Rectal Rapture made me laugh. lol. Although the first to do sound violent, they have Christian themes. His blood cleansed us of our sins and whatnot. I thought sinners should be bludgeoned was to 'mean' to, but Christ endure torture for us (sinners) even though we deserved it. Thought the 'violence' could be justified. Guess not, huh. lol. Any other ideas? Thanks all for the input thus far.
imho a bandname should be like the headline of your music,
so listen so your songs and try to come up with something that suits what you do.

Instead of putting random words together that sound cool

but yeah out of those you listed Fate of the Innocent is the most appropriate one.
Quote by FerretAnus
My band's about to play its first 'real show', and hopefully a string of shows after that. Obviously we need a name. Somehow we've managed to right 20+ songs that are worth listening to (in our opinions), and not give a name any consideration. We're a Christian metal(core) band.

Sinners Should be Bludgeoned
Cleansed by Blood
Fate of the Innocent

Those are 3 names we came up with in like 4 minutes yesterday. lol. any of those sound decent? Any feedback or other ideas for a name would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You're a Christian Metalcore band. Your songs are not worth listening to. Please disband.