Hey, I'm trying (patiently I might add!) to teach my oldest brother some guitar. He has just started and can't really play more than the cowboy chords. Basically a mostly muted and/or buzzy Barre F is his greatest achievement right now!

Thing is he is a huge Beatles fan and wants to get into playing some of their stuff, but I'm having a hard time finding a song he can play the whole way through! I'm not a big fan so I suppose my knowledge is limited that way, can anyone recommend a Beatles tune that is simple enough for him to play, or possibly can me modded to a simple version?

thanks!
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Check out Hard Day's Night... I think there's maybe one Bm7 thrown in, but the rest of the chords are pretty simple like G's and C9's! I hope I could I help!
I think the easiest Beatles songs to play strum-along-acoustic to are "We Can Work it Out" and "All Together Now".
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Blackbird.
No seriously the easiest one is probably Love Me Do. Thats just C D and G. Only the C7 might be a problem.
He could also try strumming Here Comes The Sun.
Let It Be is fairly easy. There's an F in there but it doesn't necessarily have to be barred.
Future: Uncertain
End: Near

Quote by Sociophobic
Let It Be is fairly easy. There's an F in there but it doesn't necessarily have to be barred.

It is a easy song, although the "Let IT be" bit when he sings that is fast on the guitar. I remember having trouble on it when I first started..

A day in the life is a easy one I believe,
thanks for the suggestions guys, can't believe I didn't think of a couple of them already lol.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
I forget the title, but how about the one that goes: "one, two three, four, can I have a little more? Five, six, seven eight nine, ten, I love you. Easy two chord song--one and five. (C and G7 fir instance.)

I think there are many Beatles songs with simple chord progressions, and others more complicated. Why not just buy him a Beatles fake book? It might motivate him to learn more chords.

I never heard the term "coyboy chord" before. Exact translation?

Quote by 1500 meanstreak
Hey, I'm trying (patiently I might add!) to teach my oldest brother some guitar. He has just started and can't really play more than the cowboy chords. Basically a mostly muted and/or buzzy Barre F is his greatest achievement right now!

Thing is he is a huge Beatles fan and wants to get into playing some of their stuff, but I'm having a hard time finding a song he can play the whole way through! I'm not a big fan so I suppose my knowledge is limited that way, can anyone recommend a Beatles tune that is simple enough for him to play, or possibly can me modded to a simple version?

thanks!
Quote by maikii
I forget the title, but how about the one that goes: "one, two three, four, can I have a little more? Five, six, seven eight nine, ten, I love you. Easy two chord song--one and five. (C and G7 fir instance.)

I think there are many Beatles songs with simple chord progressions, and others more complicated. Why not just buy him a Beatles fake book? It might motivate him to learn more chords.

I never heard the term "coyboy chord" before. Exact translation?

Cowboy Chords are (at least to my understanding) the eight basic chords on the 1st three frets, E-A-D-C-G and Em, Am & Dm. Pretty much what most people start learning with. While they are basic they of course make up loads of songs and plenty of people never really learn much more than that and still are able to play and enjoy the guitar.

I think they got the nickname because so many country songs consist of just them. But that's probably because they just sound so good on an acoustic guitar.
"]Facebook
Get Back is also an easy song to sing & play
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
"A Little Help From My Friends" is pretty easy.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I'm pretty sure a lot of them can be transposed to be easier, too - try futzing around with that (it's nice that there's a feature and you're not just sitting there scribbling) on here and see if you can't get it to work out a little better.