ok, so im in a band, we gig quite regulary and im gonna need a new amp with more wattage

so im thinking for my FIRST head to be a mg100hdfx ( btw i didnt write 'first' in caps because i thought the head was great, its because i know most people dont like it so i wanted to state that it was my first one)

ok the music i play is:

heavey metal
hard rock

few examples:

megadeth,
metallica,
iron maiden,
ac/dc
bullet for my valentine,
avenged sevenfold (favourite band, please dont say anything about that everyone has their own music taste)

so yea it will be my first guitar head, hopefully it isnt that bad of an amp.
thanks!
Irons
Please don't get an MG, it is that bad, especially if you're gigging. What's your budget? its hard to recommend anything without one.
Don't do it bro, you can get a Jet City Amps JCA50H for the same price.

Or you could get a 6505+ 112. I guarantee you it will sound 10x as huge and 20x better than the MG.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
dont, dont, dont, dont go for an MG. go for the 6505+, brings the br00tz! and also, bullet use them. For the same price, you could go for a bugera, they're really versatile and also brings the br00tz!
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
hmm, that jca50h is over £500.00 i would love to get it as zacky vengeance from avenged sevenfold is currently using them he used to use the jcm201h but they are to expensive....

@dtmaiden:

what bugera head is there for the same price as the mg!?!?!?! i dont think there is one!
Irons
For real. I guarantee you will regret getting the MG.

If you have to, save up a bit more, the JCA50H is worth it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Just... don't. Please, save up some more cash or see if you can score a second-hand purchase, the 6505+ 112 is GUARANTEED to be loud enough. Also, why does it have to be a head? Heads only have the advantage of being able to easily be plugged into different cabs and several cabs at the same time. You won't be needing anything like that unless you're playing a freaking stadium gig, and not even then (since it'll be mic'd and go to a mixer).
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Woah, MG and Avenged Sevenfold in the same thread. On UG. Prepare the flame shield!
But yes, don't go for the MG. It's not even that cheap.
REGGIE
TS, what is your budget and location?
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Friends don't let friends play crappy MG-series amplifiers. You're setting yourself up for a big disappointment. You'll be laughed at and ostrecized by society. You'll cry late into the night because of the public humiliation. You'll wish you 'd taken mom's advice and gone to law school.
Yea man, what's your budget?

Don't listen to Zakk Wylde, MG's are bad. You can get a half decent tone with work whereas almost any other amp you can get a half decent tone straight out of the box.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at May 26, 2011,
Don't get an mg please, for me.

And I will say something about avenged sevenfold (just because you said not to) I actually like the song M shadows did with slash "nothing to say" but that's about it.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at May 26, 2011,
We all hate MGs and their cr*ppy amp distortions...

What can make it a bit better? A really good distortion pedal.
Don't have of those? MG sucks for you!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
We all hate MGs and their cr*ppy amp distortions...

What can make it a bit better? A really good distortion pedal.
Don't have of those? MG sucks for you!

this post is wrong on so many levels...

mainly though dont pair a distortion pedal with a crappy ss amp

again ts, what is your budget and location? we cant help you too much unless you answer our questions
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Ok, sorry I signed out pretty much after I posted the thread, my budget is probably between £400 - £500

Thanks for the comments!! Apart from the ones slagging avenged.. ;(
Irons

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ethanwhufc

Thanks for the comments!! Apart from the ones slagging avenged.. ;(

Not my fault you enjoy shitty bands.

Synyster is a good player though. Wasting his talent on the rest of those ****heads.
Also fwiw i picked up my peavey ultra plus all tube head for less then the price of an mg. Used can get you deals sometimes

boooooooooyaaaaaaaaaa
Engl heads are a little beyond what you want unless you have the money to spend.

Seriously, get a 6505+ 1x12.
no really dont get the shitty chinese 6505 combo.

Get the good German ENGL combo. Thats an incredible price for that thunder.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
no really dont get the shitty chinese 6505 combo.

Get the good German ENGL combo. Thats an incredible price for that thunder.

+ 100000000
engl will be built like a freaking tank.
Its german
they are masters at engineering stuff.
Quote by ethanwhufc
What about the peavey 100 valveking??

I've heard they work well, but they require a boost for the heavier stuff.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I've heard they work well, but they require a boost for the heavier stuff.

not really. I use my VK50 for stuff up as heavy as Devil Wears Prada or old BMTH. just use the gain boost button and crank the gain dial a bit, but then also eq correctly to pull out some of the bad tones.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by ethanwhufc
What about the peavey 100 valveking??

For metal its shit. Unless your willing ti fork out for new speakers, a boost and your willing to mod it.

By which time you will have spent enough to have just bought a better amp, like that ENGL.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
For metal its shit. Unless your willing ti fork out for new speakers, a boost and your willing to mod it.

By which time you will have spent enough to have just bought a better amp, like that ENGL.

I own a Valveking, if you can really get an ENGL for a good price you should do it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I have to agree with Tom here, that Thunder is going at a sick price.

Don't get the MG, its really horrible in general.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Seriously dude buy that ENGL before i ninja it out from under you!
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
youd be better of purchasing a potatoe before the mg. i remember watching kerry king on youtube being forced to play it for a marshall convention or something an man the guy sounded poor and looked rather embarrassed
Sorry i'm late, but my walk has got terribly silly today