Page 1 of 7
Not sure if posted

Basically, a lesbian couple and their children are harassed by a waitress at a restaurant in Texas, and some people really don't like it. Unknown to these good-hearted folks, the gay couple and the waitress are actually actors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424&feature=player_embedded

There are some bad eggs in here, but it's all balanced out by the people with their heads on straight.
Those first two guys were pretty boss.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Last edited by zgr0826 at May 26, 2011,
I like this show, except it makes me feel terrible because I don't think I'd do the right thing in most of those situations.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I cringed immediately at "You're gay and you have kids?".

I was surprised at the guy with the goatee and baseball hat who stood up for the couple first, and the guy with the earrings, reminds me not to make judgements
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Good for those two men. Well done.
Quote by 007dude
I cringed immediately at "You're gay and you have kids?".

I was surprised at the guy with the goatee and baseball hat who stood up for the couple first, and the guy with the earrings, reminds me not to make judgements

You should always make judgements about other people, else nobody would ever stand up to injustices because they choose to not notice them. Making judgements does not always mean that they are always negative. Always be keen and aware of who's around you.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
That's so gay.

Nice to see people reacting in a nice way. Although I'm not that fond of the concept of the show.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
That letter was so touching. I'll be honest, I thought he would be last person to do anything.

Guess I shouldn't judge people quickly.
When I read the thread title, I pictured

standing up for

Anyways, that was a great video. I honestly would not have said anything at all. I'm a bitch like that but I have been getting better at speaking up lately.
Is the show itself called What Would You Do? I watched it in Math class before, where a black woman was harassed by a store employee saying that she looked she would steal something (based on race, of course.) Then there was something about a pedophile taking a kid away and seeing if nearby parents would say anything.

EDIT: Holy shit, some of those facts are insane. 29 out of 50 states legalized refusal of service based on homosexuality? And only 9 do not allow discrimination and gays when fostering or adopting a child? What the hell is wrong with those people?
Last edited by Pat_s1t at May 26, 2011,
Quote by element4433
I like this show, except it makes me feel terrible because I don't think I'd do the right thing in most of those situations.

I've never seen the show before, but I felt the same way the first time I saw the clip in the OP.
my faith in humanity is slightly restored. I'm from a place where being gay/bi/etc. is on the same level as being straight (as it should be). I can't even conceive of this happening in real life. I would most definitely defend someone who was being harassed in that manner.
Last edited by MakinLattes at May 26, 2011,
So I just learnt that gays can be refused service in Texas. I'm disgusted.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
That letter really gave me chills man.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by Twist of fate
I'm trying to think of what would happen if that first guy punched her out.

I hate it when people say this, but if that was me, I probably would have.

Of course, I did not know the waitress was an actor too, but still.
Quote by Twist of fate
29 American states too

I know, it's horrific. I can't believe that politicians of America dare talk about the 'injustices' being committed thousands of miles away when they can't even sort out their own moral issues.

Quote by G.Krizzel
Life choices are non of the waitresses business, but I am still against same sex couples having kids.
I don't care what other people do in their bedroom, but them having kids is just not right for me.

Why?
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
That letter really gave me chills man.
That was truly one of the best things I've ever seen in my life. I've never been moved by anything in TV or film as much as that moved me. Bravo to that guy x10000.

Also, that guy at 5:50 is a huge dick. **** that guy.

Man I've gotta watch more of these.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at May 26, 2011,
Now that letter surely must have been scripted or something. Otherwise, he might just be like THE nicest guy ever. It doesn't make sense. HOW CAN PEOPLE BE THAT EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER?
Really, after that letter, they should have just exposed the bluff right away. I'd feel slightly guilty to get someone so emotionally involved in something that's not even, well, real. (Without them knowing about it, I'm fine with movies!)
REGGIE
Quote by G.Krizzel
Life choices are non of the waitresses business, but I am still against same sex couples having kids.
I don't care what other people do in their bedroom, but them having kids is just not right for me.

Oh? Imposing jurisdiction on the well-being of children because you think a mom and dad are ideal? Strange, I grew up with a mom and dad till about the age of six when they had a violent divorce and got remarried to other people (still mom-and-pop families). of those two separate families, they had more children and then those families divorced and the spouses from those marriages left to form even more "IDEAL" mom-and-pop families. All the offspring, me included, in these strange parental antics have lived in "ideal" families where it didn't matter if the mom and pop were mentally or emotionally mature for marriage or parenthood, all that mattered was that one parent had a penis and the other had a vagina. That is what is truly righteous. Kids be dammed if their folks share the same genitalia! Dammed my ass... In my lifetime, from my experience I see that having a traditional family is very likely to result in failure, distrust, and unwarranted anger. All that matters is if the parents love and care for the children. Nothing else. Period. End of discussion. Fuck your ideals.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Quote by Zaphikh
Oh? Imposing jurisdiction on the well-being of children because you think a mom and dad are ideal? Strange, I grew up with a mom and dad till about the age of six when they had a violent divorce and got remarried to other people (still mom-and-pop families). of those two separate families, they had more children and then those families divorced and the spouses from those marriages left to form even more "IDEAL" mom-and-pop families. All the offspring, me included, in these strange parental antics have lived in "ideal" families where it didn't matter if the mom and pop were mentally or emotionally mature for marriage or parenthood, all that mattered was that one parent had a penis and the other had a vagina. That is what is truly righteous. Kids be dammed if their folks share the same genitalia! Dammed my ass... In my lifetime, from my experience I see that having a traditional family is very likely to result in failure, distrust, and unwarranted anger. All that matters is if the parents love and care for the children. Nothing else. Period. End of discussion. Fuck your ideals.

Quote by LeakyFlask
HOW CAN PEOPLE BE THAT EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER?

believe it or not, alot of native texans who have been here for a couple generations were raised with better values than places like france and the pit give us credit for
Quote by z4twenny
believe it or not, alot of native texans who have been here for a couple generations were raised with better values than places like france and the pit give us credit for

This is true. It's like parents who are super Christian often having children who are atheist, or people with racist parents harbouring religious beliefs. I assume it's either a mix of trying to be a teenager who disagrees with everyone (which is a good thing, to a degree) and the fact that when people are bombarded with bullshit they generally become bored of it and look for more appropriate viewpoints.
Quote by G.Krizzel

How dare two people who happen to be attracted to the same sex raise children!
Quote by trueamerican
How dare two people who happen to be attracted to the same sex raise children!

To be fair they'd probably either mess them up horribly or just straight up rape them.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
By the way, I never cry (not in recent memory), but the letter from the guy in earrings moved me more than words can express. That man is beautiful.
Quote by leeb rocks
To be fair they'd probably either mess them up horribly or just straight up rape them.

Of course. Because as South Park demonstrated, people who are attracted to the same sex are attracted to every member of their sex, regardless of age.
Quote by trueamerican
Of course. Because as South Park demonstrated, people who are attracted to the same sex are attracted to every member of their sex, regardless of age.

Of course, I mean it's a well-known fact that if you turn your back on a gay man, you're going to get raped. Simple as that.
RIP Adam
Quote by SexyLikeAPig
Of course, I mean it's a well-known fact that if you turn your back on a gay man, you're going to get raped. Simple as that.

Exactly. This is why I never showered after PE in high school. I knew some queerosexual was gonna try to shove his willy in my ass.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by trueamerican
By the way, I never cry (not in recent memory), but the letter from the guy in earrings moved me more than words can express. That man is beautiful.

Little things like that are amazing. A few weeks ago I found a post-it note stuck to a bus-stop. I can't remember it word for word, but it read something along the lines of:

Hello, you don't know me, and I don't know you, but I want you to know that you're a wonderful person. I know you've made some mistakes in your life, mistakes that you aren't proud of, and mistakes you've lost sleep over, but I want you to know that they're nothing to be ashamed of. You'll learn from them, you'll grow with them and thanks to them you'll become a better person. You have no idea how many people you make happy, and you have no idea how much you mean to somebody.

You'll never be as beautiful as you are now.

'twas rather touching, despite the fact it was a completely anonymous note.
What a nice man. Big respect to that guy
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
That was awesome.

Sadly, I can't say for sure if i'd do the same thing. I know in my mind I think I could, but if it really came down to it, i'd stare at my food and try to leave as quickly as possible.
Quote by zgr0826
Exactly. This is why I never showered after PE in high school. I knew some queerosexual was gonna try to shove his willy in my ass.

Good move. Always better to be safe than sorry.
RIP Adam
If I was there, I would go too far in the opposite way. I'd flip out on the waitress, and possibly punch her in the face.