6. Scraping the Barrel
7. Rum
8. Swashbuckled
9. Rumpelkombo
10. Barrett´s Privateers
11. Death Throes of the Terrorsquid
12. I am a Cider Drinker (Bonus Track)
13. You Are a Pirate (Bonus Track)

Any that specifically catch your eye? (mostly 13)
Gear:

Ibanez SAS36FM
Ovation Acoustic
Classical Guitar
Amplitube 3 running into a PA
'Pirate metal' ranks somewhere alongside The BNP and Lee Evans' career on my list of things I wish I could set on fire.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Alestorm were fun for a while... then I realised the music was terrible apart from one song off the first album.

Swashbuckle are better cuz it just sounds like thrash with pirate lyrics.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Stranglehold
'Pirate metal' ranks somewhere alongside The BNP and Lee Evans' career on my list of things I wish I could set on fire.

THANK YOU

**** Lee Evans, my ex gfend would always put him on, so annoying. He also turned into a Centaur one time when i really high and freak me out
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Ah, I like Alestorm. I mean, they're like one of those bands like Dethklok for me, just fun to listen to. Plus, the riff to Heavy Metal Pirates is amazing, you cannot deny.
I can deny, and do. Complete Nuclear Blast rock-bar shite.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Haha thats not saying much!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
It's not. But theres few comics i really cannot stand, him and Jason Manford are two of them. Or any other comic who tries to play the "local" bit and can't get it right. Say what you like about Peter Kay, but he's bob on with all that.
I dont like his stuff, but he does it well. Sold out 13 months before his show over here!

Stewart Lee beats all...also we are slightly off-topic
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Alestorm have never been good (in hindsight, (as I'm sure andy will rub my past fanboyness in my face)). Battleheart was where it was at.

Though I am curious to hear their take on Barett's Privateers, as I do quite like that song, or shanty I suppose you might call it.
I have to say I genuinely like the title track for captain morgan's revenge
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by esidebill
6. Scraping the Barrel

What's the betting that was totally deliberate?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Stranglehold
I can deny, and do. Complete Nuclear Blast rock-bar shite.

Hit the nail on the head. This is what Metal should be
(Invalid img) , **** all this stadium metal garbage.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by eazy-c
What's the betting that was totally deliberate?

Its a new angle to appeal to jaded music fans...'whats this? Self-deprecating pirate thrashcore? Im definitely buying this!'
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Based upon a drunken conversation I once had with the singer/keytuarist, every note he plays under the Alestorm banner chips away a tiny bit of his soul.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Poor lad. Once the mortgage is paid he'll hopefully quit the band. A necessary evil! Or lack thereof.

any luck with the Hellfest ticket? Id say bump your ad on MI, there's people looking for them left right and centre.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I'm just waiting on the first guy who got in contact with me about it to confirm that he can get it off work then I'm sorted, but if not there's hunners of people that've contacted me, as soon as it was announced as sold-out I got a proper flood of e-mails.
Quote by ChemicalFire
"Buckfast Powersmash" sounds more like a ned's finishing move than a pirate-themed metal song. But whatever. Stupid band, hasn't been funny for years now...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Riffmast
Hit the nail on the head. This is what Metal should be
(Invalid img) , **** all this stadium metal garbage.

You mean angsty teenagers?

It bewilders me beyond reason when someone claims a band such as Alestorm to be awful, and then these same people listen to Burzum or something...
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at May 27, 2011,
Quote by Ironic Maiden

It bewilders me beyond reason when someone claims a band such as Alestorm to be awful, and then these same people listen to Burzum or something...

Chump.
Quote by andyscoot
Chump.

Just saying, Burzum is pretty shit tier, and Varg is probably one of the stupidest ****heads to exist in music.

Alestorm isn't a band to take seriously, nor is it a comedy band like Dethklok, they're basically Power Metal with an even sillier theme.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
You mean angsty teenagers?

I was gonna close this thread for being boring until this

...I lied, Riff's story about Lee Evans turning into a centaur has added another week to its shelf-life

Alestorm are crap
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
I was gonna close this thread for being boring until this

...I lied, Riff's story about Lee Evans turning into a centaur has added another week to its shelf-life

Alestorm are crap

lol
You do realise that's Quorthon, right?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Just saying, Burzum is pretty shit tier, and Varg is probably one of the stupidest ****heads to exist in music.

Alestorm isn't a band to take seriously, nor is it a comedy band like Dethklok, they're basically Power Metal with an even sillier theme.

Most ridiculous thing I have read all month. You have probably never even listened to a Burzum album.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Saw these guys live.

Was at the Jumping Turtle before they shut down. They always gave the bands free drinks.

Free drinks are brought up to Alestorm during their setlist.

Each member takes a sip and makes the same face a teenager makes when he first takes whiskey and hates it but tries to act cool in front of the older girls.

They hand out the full glasses to the crowd, unable to finish the shot.

I spat on the keytarist boots at every available chance.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
was your name always vampiregoldfish? I actually thought it was vampiregodflesh..

Oh, and alestorm has a couple songs that are fun to listen to while out on the lake
Quote by Stranglehold
You do realise that's Quorthon, right?

That was what made me lol the most. The reason people would listen to Burzum over Alestorm is because well you, it's actually quality music and not a gimmick band. And that just hurts Alestorm even more because a bunch of "angsty teenagers" can make far superior and meaningful music then they can. Though i'm sure it's just a money grabbing scheme/way to get drunk and paid anyways.

But yeah Lee Evans as a Centaur was messed up, Centaurs are not supposed to be that obnoxious.
Quote by Steve08

Or that sweaty.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Riffmast

But yeah Lee Evans as a Centaur was messed up, Centaurs are not supposed to be that obnoxious.

Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by Crazed Shredder
Most ridiculous thing I have read all month. You have probably never even listened to a Burzum album.

Lol, I actually have, and know people who agree with me. There is MUCCCCHHHHHHH better Black Metal out there, but of course, the same could be said for Alestorm I suppose.
There is much better black metal out there than Alestorm
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by duncang
There is much better black metal out there than Alestorm

Hahaha...class.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Wow

*whoosh*

Your wit is not welcome here Duncang
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Lol, I actually have, and know people who agree with me. There is MUCCCCHHHHHHH better Black Metal out there, but of course, the same could be said for Alestorm I suppose.

Like what?,i don't think Burzum is the best BM ever, but i am curious about this.
Quote by Steve08

Page 1 of 3