Hey all, i am looking to replace the pots on my Ibanez AS73, apparently this would be a good idea.

500K pots are what have been recommended, but I am unsure about stuff like audio taper and stuff, and who makes decent ones.

Also do i need to use different types of pot for like, tone and voume?

Anything else i have missed??

Advice appriciated, thanks
Last edited by MGRAcoustic at May 26, 2011,
Also, check whether the pots are logarithmic or not
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by !-twisty-!
Also, check whether the pots are logarithmic or not

I don't know what this means man :L
Logarithmic or linear, it's basically how the pots react when you turn them,

Use logarithmic or log pots for volume, linear for tone
Quote by TheQuailman

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Off the top of my head, i can't remember why

Just something i learnt when wiring my strat, however i've found a link ( the second post describes brilliantly)
http://music-electronics-forum.com/t1049/
Quote by TheQuailman

Not a problem and i'd go with 500k pots aswell on that guitar
Quote by TheQuailman

yeah thats what i thought, you know of any good "pot makers" i dunno what to call them haha, only one i heard of is CTS?
Not that familar with "pot dealers" in all honesty :/ i use a company called axe tech a fair bit and they've never been a problem if you're uk
Quote by TheQuailman

Yeah i'm UK. Not always the best thing tho, alot of the good stuff comes from abroad, in my experience anyway haha.
Btw typed that in wrong ^_^ axetec
Quote by TheQuailman