Hi, what would be some good windows computers for recording guitar on? I'll be most likely using Magix Music Maker 17 for the recording, but i want to know some good spec windows computers for the job. Needs to be around £300, thanks in advance
inb4 mac

It might be good to try and build your own.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Last edited by shikkaka at May 26, 2011,
One problem that always seem to appear with windows computers is an annoying pop or crackle every now and then on recorded tracks.

And for £300 you'll really be pushing it
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by !-twisty-!
One problem that always seem to appear with windows computers is an annoying pop or crackle every now and then on recorded tracks.

And for £300 you'll really be pushing it

Wow, that's a pretty bold statement to make for every Windows user on the face of the earth. I, for one, have never ever had this problem.
Quote by MaskedMurader23
Wow, that's a pretty bold statement to make for every Windows user on the face of the earth. I, for one, have never ever had this problem.

Always seems, not always will... however if you must i'll rephrase.

Every windows computer i have used, has had this problem.

However it may not apply to all, especially those operating with better sound cards and processors.

Oh and still, for £300 you're going to be pushing it.
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Last edited by !-twisty-! at May 26, 2011,
Well i might just end up getting a better sound card for the one I have now you've mentioned it, could save a lot of money and time.
Really, these days, the majority of computers are powerful enough to get a satisfactory result. It obviously won't be amazing, studio quality recordings, but it will be good enough. You will however need an interface.
Any machine you can find off the shelf will do just fine these days.

My original band recorded our album four years ago on a Celeron 1.7 Ghz machine with less than a gig of RAM and running WinXP. Each song had upwards to 36 tracks of 24-bit audio and the project used plugins as appropriate. Sure, it's always nice to have more power, but nobody is launching space shuttles here. Hell, my *new* studio beast is a machine I got used over a year ago for $200. It is a single-core IBM machine at 2.8Ghz and 2GB of RAM running Win7. It works a champ, unless I load up a program using a ton of virtual instruments.

Given what we recorded our album on, and what I am using currently, and given that it works great for as many tracks as most rational people will actually use in a song; and given that you can't even buy a machine like that anymore, then it stands to reason that any machine you buy off the shelf at Best Buy or Costco or whatever will be perfectly fine.

I used to build my computers because it was cheaper. Not anymore. The deals I see on computers and packages now.... I can NOT build for what they are offering - particularly once you factor in the fact that they all come shipped with an operating system, which the ones you build do not.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.