Hey I originally posted this on EG but that forum is almost useless, so I figured I might as well consult GG&A.

I have a Fender Jim Root Tele Im looking to trade, so I put it on CL.

I have a guy offering a Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb, the high gain one or whatever it is.

Also included is a LTD V-200, with the stock pickups replaced by an EMG 81/85 set.

Do you guys think this a fair trade?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
My opinion? Nah.

The Marshall is worth 600 at most, and the LTD maybe 300. You're going to have a very tough time trying to sell those two later on so you might as well trade for something good AND in relative demand.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
If you think there is a market for your tele in your area and you can sell it for more than what you are getting in trade in terms of value then sell the Tele and buy something you want outright.

If you don't think there is and feel what you are getting is more useful to you than your tele then by all means do it. I think the JCM900's are nice and don't have much use for a tele personally, but this is because I play punk which requires humbuckers and a moderate amount of overdrive. This is exactly what you are getting in the trade. (Hums and an amp with moderate overdrive).

Short answer: Yes I would do it.
Quote by Tyler.Allain
If you think there is a market for your tele in your area and you can sell it for more than what you are getting in trade in terms of value then sell the Tele and buy something you want outright.

If you don't think there is and feel what you are getting is more useful to you than your tele then by all means do it. I think the JCM900's are nice and don't have much use for a tele personally, but this is because I play punk which requires humbuckers and a moderate amount of overdrive. This is exactly what you are getting in the trade. (Hums and an amp with moderate overdrive).

Short answer: Yes I would do it.

Um, you obviously dont know anything about this tele. Its a Jim Root Signature, as in Jim Root from Slipknot/Stone Sour. It has an EMG 81/60 set, which are humbuckers. I mostly play metal.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Um, you obviously dont know anything about this tele. Its a Jim Root Signature, as in Jim Root from Slipknot/Stone Sour. It has an EMG 81/60 set, which are humbuckers. I mostly play metal.

My mistake. Don't listen to either of those bands and am not familiar with Jim Root. Whenever I hear "telecaster" I assume even if its a signature model that it has single coils. My mistake.

Edit: If you play metal the JCM900 won't satisfy and you are getting less for what you have.
Last edited by Tyler.Allain at May 26, 2011,
Quote by Tyler.Allain
My mistake. Don't listen to either of those bands and am not familiar with Jim Root. Whenever I hear "telecaster" I assume even if its a signature model that it has single coils. My mistake.

No problem, I didnt mean to come across as a dick. I hate single coils, so I myself would never have a regular ol' telecaster. Which is why I really like this one, the neck is faster than an Ibanez Prestige, and sounds amazing.

But I dont think Im going to go for it, the amp doesnt have a footswitch and what-not, and the guitar doesnt have a case, so I think Im gonna pass on it, unless he can throw in a cab.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Edit: If you play metal the JCM900 won't satisfy and you are getting less for what you have.

Well, I have a full effects system with plenty of boosts and extra overdrives, so Im not really worried about the gain. Plus the Jim Root teles are 1300$ new, so his offer just isn't worth it to me. Especially without footswitches and cases, and my tele comes with a 300$ deluxe case, so... yeah. Just not worth it, unless he throws in a nice cab.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Keep the JR, dont do the trade,

shitty amp and guitar =/= fair trade.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Lol, I almost got a Jackson SLAT3-7 for the JR, but the guy wanted a Peavey JSX and magically found one right before we were going to trade -_-' It was the really nice green swirl too :'(
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by polishedbullet
If the JCM 900 the SLX model? Because those are substantially better than the stock JCM900, from what I've been told.

It's the Dual Reverb model, and either way the SL-X can be had for about $800, so still not that great a trade...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??