Hey guys, I am currently in negotiations to get an Epiphone Explorer allegedly from 1992. The owner says the serial number was printed on a sticker and that he peeled it off so now it has no number. Can anyone verify that it's an authentic Epiphone and not a fake?

Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
Looks ok, but why on earth would you want it?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

It looks cool?
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by Tom 1.0

I've always wanted an Explorer. I plan on doing some modifications to it as well. Plus it looks like a pretty nice guitar for the price.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
I hope its no more than $150.

Those epis arent worth shit, your better of getting a newer MIK hard tail one

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I hope its no more than $150.

Those epis arent worth shit, your better of getting a newer MIK hard tail one

Haha and I was actually hoping someone would mention it's value. So you think maybe 130 to 140 would be good for it?

I'm not looking for a serious guitar though. I already got my 4 other guitars for that. Just something small and cheap to work on and mess around with when I'm bored.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
I wouldnt even pay that mae

Seriously, if you want something cheap to mod get a 2nd hand 51 Squier or a "newer" MIK Epi Explorer. Guitars that are worth modding and are very good players.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I wouldnt even pay that mae

Seriously, if you want something cheap to mod get a 2nd hand 51 Squier or a "newer" MIK Epi Explorer. Guitars that are worth modding and are very good players.

Lol seriously? Well now I know that maybe I can get it even lower. Thanks! But yeah MIK Explorer would be nice but I'm also buying a vintage 1985 Gibson Flying V and a half stack so I'm just gonna use my leftover cash to get myself something cheap and unless I can find one for 150 or less, I can't afford a new one
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
I'm not trying to be a **** buddy, I just would hate to see somebody waste their money on a guitar really not worth wasting money on.

For $150ish you could probably get a really nice Squier 2nd hand, which would more likely be a nicer guitar and worthy of upgrading IMO

I adore me Epiphone Explorer so its not like I am a brand *****.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I'm not trying to be a **** buddy, I just would hate to see somebody waste their money on a guitar really not worth wasting money on.

For $150ish you could probably get a really nice Squier 2nd hand, which would more likely be a nicer guitar and worthy of upgrading IMO

I adore me Epiphone Explorer so its not like I am a brand *****.

Haha I wasn't implying that you were. I am literally thanking you because now I can probably get the owner to lower the price since I know that they aren't worth very much anyway. So yeah, thank you for the info Tom!

Yeah I actually had a Squier Strat before but I hated the damn thing. I prefer the Explorer body even though the Squier would probably make a better project guitar. I wanna try something new.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
No worries, if you want it, go for it, just check it over very very carefully.

thats my one, modded to hell and back...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
OMG o.o
Maybe I should just save my money and get me one of those beauties.... lol I am seriously considering it now. How much was it for the guitar+mods?
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
I bought it new 8 years ago for £369

Used they go pretty cheap though, over the 8 years I have probably put about £500 into it.

New pups, re-profiled neck, uprated pots and switch, paint job and a fret job.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I bought it new 8 years ago for £369

Used they go pretty cheap though, over the 8 years I have probably put about £500 into it.

New pups, re-profiled neck, uprated pots and switch, paint job and a fret job.

Ah darn. It'll take a while to save up that much. Well we'll see what happens. If I can't get the owner of the cheapy Explorer to lower the price, then I guess I'll just keep my money and save up for a newer Explorer. Thanks again though. I didn't realize how sexy Explorers could really look! I'm a Flying V ***** that's why xD
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<

I it.

They do go for very good money 2nd hand, its worth looking around.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ahhhh! I swear you have the sickest Explorer I have ever seen! xD
You wouldn't happen to have any songs or performances recorded with it would you?

By the way, you know what's funny?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Explorer/Gibson-USA/Explorer-Tremolo.aspx

I just got this emailed to me today by Gibson lmao. It's like they wanted to rub it in my face hahahaha. Looks nice, I hope the local Guitar Center gets one so I can take it for a test drive.
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
btw about the gibson explorer with the floyd, what kind of floyd is on the thing? ive looked on MF and the gibson website link and theres no definite answer. is it a liscenced floyd, an original? im really curious here :S
Quote by Seanthesheep
btw about the gibson explorer with the floyd, what kind of floyd is on the thing? ive looked on MF and the gibson website link and theres no definite answer. is it a liscenced floyd, an original? im really curious here :S

It looks like this one

http://www.floydrose.com/bridges/images/Bridge_FRT-100_Chrome.jpg

But I'm not sure either o.o
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6

which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<