This has been bothering me for a while. I have EZDrummer and I want to get away from using the preset grooves. I cannot figure out how to map certain keyboard keys to certain drums in Ableton Live. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have noooo idea.

By the way is it worth it to get a cheap $100 midi keyboard like this if I occasionally record? I could download VST's for synths and piano too right? http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/2404443737.html
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I'm not sure how to configure a keyboard for Ableton, but in my opinion, a far cheaper, simpler, and more effective solution could be to use another program to write to midi, if you know how.

I like to use Guitar Pro 5 for it, myself and I find it to be incredible effective. You *do* have to either know how to read/write drum notation, or guitar pro's weird midi notation, but I think they're easy enough to pick up.

To me, the main advantage is being able to program in things that would otherwise be too fast, or awkward to play with my own hands, being no keyboardist.

Just a thought.
Quote by Wolffgang
I'm not sure how to configure a keyboard for Ableton, but in my opinion, a far cheaper, simpler, and more effective solution could be to use another program to write to midi, if you know how.

I like to use Guitar Pro 5 for it, myself and I find it to be incredible effective. You *do* have to either know how to read/write drum notation, or guitar pro's weird midi notation, but I think they're easy enough to pick up.

To me, the main advantage is being able to program in things that would otherwise be too fast, or awkward to play with my own hands, being no keyboardist.

Just a thought.

I want to write them in live
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay