hey guys, i just have a simple question. How do u find harmonies? like how do u find them/make them/hear them?
thanks!
I really don't know anything about music traditionally, but the way I do it is just by hitting the note i want with my voice, finding that note on guitar, then learn it's harmonizing note on guitar.

If you don't know how to harmonize with guitar you should figure that out first(easy)

I first started understanding it a little when I learned both guitar parts to black dahlia murder's paint it black cover.

Also, learning guitar chords with diagrams helps you find which notes sound good together.

It's also fun to sing along w songs but change the vocal notes. you can instinctively harmonize if you're following with the other melodies in the song.

Again, this is all stuff that I've taught myself alone so it might not be all that kosher but it will help if you actually do this.
All a harmony is is two or more notes that work well together musically. Think of it as a guitar chord where each additional note adds a tonal quality that makes the overall sound better than any of the original notes.

After you get that its merely playing with different notes. I suggest getting a cheap keyboard. Good luck!
Quote by j1o1s1h1b1
hey guys, i just have a simple question. How do u find harmonies? like how do u find them/make them/hear them?
thanks!

Two people sing at once, its impossible to make harmonies with yourself without digital trickery (Unless you're a Tuvian throat-singer, but that only works with overtones, rather than Western harmonies).

The most common harmonies are thirds, fourths, fifths, and octaves. Take a look at music theory, you'd probably benefit from a traditional theory class or two.