You guys ever feel like that?

When I first started, I felt like I could never do D major or F bar chord. Now the basics are down and practiced and I feel I could never produce half as good a sound as most good guitarists out there.

I can play the basics and people that don't know guitars say it's wonderful but I know if I played infront of someone that knows, it's complete shit.

I always tell myself that it isn't talent but the amount of practice you put into it, muscle memory and all, but damn, sometimes it just feels like a never ending hill climb.

I'm not trying to be a rock star, just hold my own. What say you?
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
I say do it because you enjoy it and it makes you happy. Everything else just comes with time.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i used to feel like that.

besides practice - which is the key - i found that some things can make playing easier. getting a guitar set up correctly and using lighter strings improved my playing massively, and having a guitar with a wide enough neck with a shape that was comfortable also helped a LOT. even now, things i play fast and smoothly i may occasionally stumble over when playing a guitar with a 1 11/16" or narrower nut or a really skinny neck.

btw, a lot of my improvement at a certain point came not from official practice, but from noodling and playing things i enjoyed. it may not have added to my repetoire but becoming really comfortable with the fretboard can improve and refine your playing, and it's more fun than scales.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last time I felt that was when I tried to quickly fret this certain minor chord (the first Ebm):

It's just getting a little bit better and quicker after a few years, lol.
I have found that trying new tunes that stretch my fretting and chord knowledge to be useful. It also makes the tune-bank a lot fatter! Chords/transitions I thought id *never* get are now second nature. Sight reading chord notation is a lot easier. I have UG and the vast play-list to thank for this.

Play and improve for your own satisfaction. *Someone's* always going to be better, so why fight it? LOL