Alright... I wrote a song with acoustic/vocals. Its in HALF-STEP DOWN tuning. I have chords ranging from Dbsus4, Gb5, Bmaj7, Badd9...and various others. While looking to find a particular tone, I stumbled across (and I'm using) a chord that I've never used or heard of and no chord sites show it.

Again, its in half-step down tuning. I'd really apprecite any info! I'm using this chord in part of a riff right after the Badd9 chord (Cadd9 in standard tuning)

E-2
B-3
G-0
D-0
A-3
E-X
Last edited by BiggsRJ at May 26, 2011,
...everything is a chord
Badd9#11
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Last edited by DKMfreak410 at May 26, 2011,
You could also consider it an F#maj7 with a substituted bass note (B). Something close to that is used in Maybe I'm Amazed:
-3-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-3-
-x-
E-2
B-3
G-0
D-0
A-3
E-X

From the bottom: C D G D F#

It could be one of two things, if we take C as the root: Csus2add#11 or Csus#4add9. If G were the root, it could be GM7add11/C. Could be many things.

EDIT:
Take all the notes I wrote, and put a flat after them >>
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at May 26, 2011,
I think it looks like a D13. D F# C is a dominant without the fifth, and G is the 13.
So D13/C. in your tuning, itd be Db13/Cb. That would explain the tritone sound. Try resolving it to Gb
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
D11/C

it's got two D's. an F# for the third. C is the b7. 5ths are commonly omitted. 9ths ... are lame. i rest my case.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
D11/C

it's got two D's. an F# for the third. C is the b7. 5ths are commonly omitted. 9ths ... are lame. i rest my case.

this is what I meant, not 13th haha
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by primusfan
D11/C

yeah this. it's a dominant 7th with the tonic, drop that tonic to the note below it and see where it wants to resolve (V7-I)
You guys are guitar geniuses. Thanks for the help. I can write some tabs up now for this. I really need to study guitar books