Page 1 of 2
Hey pit, found something today that I kinda blew my mind...being quite bored helped.

If you go to ANY wiki page, and click the first link in the description that isn't italicized or in parenthesis, you will end up on the philosophy page.

EX)Football -> team sports -> sport -> organized -> corporations -> state -> social sciences -> umbrella term -> superset -> mathematics -> quantity -> property -> modern philosophy -> philosophy.

Try it! Post yours!
Last edited by axethrower13 at May 26, 2011,
psychology≠philosophy
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
It's not quite true, it's possible to get caught in loops where the first link on one page takes you to the last and so on, but yes it does work a whole lot.

It doesn't always work, you can get stuck in loops.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at May 26, 2011,
Quote by rockingamer2

It doesn't always work, you can get stuck in loops.

Loops like a catch-22...
Wikipedia says it is a branch of logic...
logic is a branch of philosophy...
**** me OP...

¬_¬

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Holy crap...

Van Halen -> Hard rock -> Rock Music -> Popular music -> Music genre -> Genre -> Literature -> Fiction -> Narrative -> Latin -> Italic languages -> Indo-European languages -> Language family -> Language -> Human -> Taxonomy -> Science -> Knowledge -> Fact -> Information -> Sequence -> Mathematics -> Quantity -> Property -> Modern Philosophy -> Philosophy

Got there but took a while..
If you guys are able to find a loop let me know, cause literally everything I've tried is no loop-able.

Obviously this doesn't count if by loop you mean getting to the philosophy page then leaving it and arriving back...
i tried it thrice, and each led me to a loop between "Greeks" and "Greek language."
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Similar to the anal sex game. Basically, you give someone a start point and they have to go to anal sex. It can generally be done within 10 clicks. Person who gets there the least clicks wins and sets the next one
i've tried several more things, and they all lead to "Greeks" and "Greek language."

i think you lose TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Holy shit. I can't believe it.

Bel Air, Los Angeles -> Westside (Los Angeles County) -> Los Angeles County, California -> County (United States) -> U.S. state -> Federated state -> Constitution -> State (polity) -> Social sciences -> List of academic disciplines -> Academia -> Community -> Interaction -> Causality -> Result -> Sequence -> Mathematics -> Quantity -> Property (philosophy) -> Modern philosophy -> Philosophy
Quote by iwannabesedated
I found one that took me to Plato twice, but not philosophy itself.

but plato leads to philosophy
All roads lead to Hitler on Wikipedia.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by genghisgandhi
Got caught in a loop between Greeks and Greek Language.

You two aren't doing it right, I just tried it and when at Greeks the map goes

Greeks-Nation-Sovereign state-State-Social Sciences-Fields-Academic-Community-Interacting-Casual-Events-Adventure-Middle English-History of English-West Germanic Languages-Germanic-Indo European-Family-Language-Human-Taxonomy-Science-Knowledge-Facts-Information-Sequence-Mathematics-Quantity-Property-Modern Philosophy-Philosophy.

Done and done.
From the same angle, I can argue all articles lead to the mind.

Philosophy ->Existence -> Sense -> Perception -> Awareness -> Consciousness -> Mind

It all depends on where you draw the line. Not particularly impressive to be honest. Nifty, but not some sort of "holy shit" moment.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by theogonia777
i've tried several more things, and they all lead to "Greeks" and "Greek language."

i think you lose TS.

Nope.

Philosophy, Existence, Senses, Perception, Awareness, Consciousness, Mind, Panpsychism, Philosophy.

This is the final loop for from all articles that aren't in loops already.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at May 26, 2011,
Quote by axethrower13
You two aren't doing it right, I just tried it and when at Greeks the map goes

Greeks-Nation-Sovereign state-State-Social Sciences-Fields-Academic-Community-Interacting-Casual-Events-Adventure-Middle English-History of English-West Germanic Languages-Germanic-Indo European-Family-Language-Human-Taxonomy-Science-Knowledge-Facts-Information-Sequence-Mathematics-Quantity-Property-Modern Philosophy-Philosophy.

Done and done.

i followed those instructions and it didn't get to Middle English ever.

i ended up on a loop between venture and ventures. on Wiktionary.

this game is silly TS.
Last edited by theogonia777 at May 26, 2011,
Quote by necrosis1193
From the same angle, I can argue all articles lead to the mind.

Philosophy ->Existence -> Sense -> Perception -> Awareness -> Consciousness -> Mind

It all depends on where you draw the line. Not particularly impressive to be honest. Nifty, but not some sort of "holy shit" moment.

but mind leads to Panpsychism which leads to philosophy.
Holy shit, me and all these guys keep getting caught between Greek and greek Language.
Slappa tha bass
Quote by theogonia777
but "Nation" isn't the first non-italicized link. "Greek" is, which goes to "Greek language"

Quote by axethrower13

If you go to ANY wiki page, and click the first link in the description that isn't italicized or in parenthesis, you will end up on the philosophy page.

Quote by axethrower13

Quote by axethrower13

parenthesis

Wut?
Quote by axethrower13
Wut?

well that's just silly. you make too many rules. even then, it leads to a loop on Wiktionary between venture and ventures.
Mountain Dragon->agamidae->lizard->squamata->order(biology)->biological classification->biologist->scientist->system->Latin->Italic languages->Indo-European languages->language family->language->human->taxonomy->Ancient Greek->Greek language->Greeks->

And then back to Greek language

EDIT: Oh I didn't see the no links in parentheses thing.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by theogonia777
well that's just silly. you make too many rules. even then, it leads to a loop on Wiktionary between venture and ventures.

That's the dumbest reason to be upset about a "game."

"I'd like to put hotels on the Yellows."
"But you only have 2/3 of the properties..."
"well that's just silly. you make too many rules."

Yeah, kinda dumb.
Quote by axethrower13
That's the dumbest reason to be upset about a "game."

"I'd like to put hotels on the Yellows."
"But you only have 2/3 of the properties..."
"well that's just silly. you make too many rules."

Yeah, kinda dumb.

that's an awful analogy.
Quote by axethrower13
You're an awful analogy.

u mad?
Giving this a try. I'll start with Oprah Winfrey :P

Oprah Winfrey->The Oprah Winfrey Show->broadcast syndication->broadcasting->distribution->marketing mix->American Marketing Association->Professional association->Nonprofit organization->Organization->Social group->Social cohesion->Social policy->Quality of life->International development->Concept->Cognition->Thought->Consciousness->Mind->Panpsychism->Philosophy

Well, it's official. Oprah Winfrey leads to Philosophy. God damn.
I forgot how to play guitar. Q_Q
Quote by turncoat60%
no im mad bc you think he mad when you are the one who was mad to begin with

i ain't even mad, be he is.
Quote by theogonia777
u mad?

What, you mean at being called out saying that I was wrong?
Or talking to someone who has trouble reading directions?
Or having someone say the "rules" for a game are stupid simply cause they think so?

Nah, I'm not mad.

Quote by BringMeTheDerp

Well, it's official. Oprah Winfrey leads to Philosophy. God damn.

Quote by axethrower13
If you guys are able to find a loop let me know, cause literally everything I've tried is no loop-able.

If you get to Education, it loops.

At least, that's what I've found.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I literally got there in 3 clicks lol
Page 1 of 2