Hello all.

A tab I submitted recently was accepted after cleaning up the previous submission, however there were some unexpected changes that may affect the accuracy of the tab.

Here is the tab:
Quiet by Lights (ver 4)

If you took a quick look, the tiny legend under the chord shapes clearly indicates that (h) means you hammer on the notes of a certain chords but in the actual tab the hammer on symbol has been replaced with (B) and I cannot figure out why. Any explanation is greatly appreciated. (I am sure the hammered on note/string is not a B)

And my more general question:

If we decide to make minor changes to our tabs in the future will Ultimate Guitar have to scrutinize it again?

Take the above example; if I were to change the (h) in the legend to a (B) to match the rest of the tab will it be identified as pending acceptance? That seems a tad unnecessary, though I guess the point is to submit a perfect tab the first time around.
h changes to B? I think I need to brush up on my theory. Thanks for the reply though!
Is there no way to replace the previous version when updating the tab? I thought the old version would be deleted, but it wasn't, and now there are two tabs that are practically the same. Is this the way the site works?
There was no need to resubmit another version for the same song, you could've updated your tab.
Anyways, which one do you want to keep?
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
Quote by emad
There was no need to resubmit another version for the same song, you could've updated your tab.
Anyways, which one do you want to keep?

Ok, I probably screwed up somehow. I'd rather keep the old version since it already has a couple of ratings. Thanks for help.
Last edited by Laakeri at Jun 9, 2011,
How am I supposed to update a tab without resubmitting it? When i click on "u!", it takes me to the "submit your tab" page. If I submit, it creates a new tab automatically and the old one still stays there. I don't see any way to update the tab. Am I supposed to use that "submit your tab" page? I did that yesterday and it created a new tab instead of updating it.
Last edited by Laakeri at Jun 10, 2011,
No it doesn't.
Make all the changes to your gp file and save it. Then when you click the u! and upload your new tab, it won't create a new one, just updates the previous one.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.