Hey guys, just wondering if you know of any multieffects processor that has similar sounding/quality effects as the Axe Fx but is cheaper is price and preferably also comes with a controller/has a cheaper available controller?

This is because im not really gonna be using the Axe Fx (if I get one) for the amp modelling or cab purposes, im really looking for great multieffects unit that won't sound like shit like my pod xt live in fx loop.
I'm not the most clued up, but I know that the Digidesign Eleven Rack is cheaper and real good, though that also has a slight focus on amp and cab modeling.
line 6 pod hd 500

just saw you dont want amp modelling. check out the line 6 m13 and the tc electornics g major/g force/g system
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Tc electronics g major 2 .....duh
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
The Eleven Rack is supposed to be nice, and the POD HD are too, although not as good as the Eleven or the AxeFX.
What's your budget? Since the AxeFX II was announced, prices for the AxeFX have gone down heaps. You could probably get a Standard for just over $1000 pretty easily if you wait a bit.

EDIT: Oh, I misread, I though you did want amp/cab sims.
For just effects, I'd recommend a TC G-Force, or G-System if you want a floorboard.
Last edited by littlephil at May 27, 2011,
TC G-Major 1 used for like $150.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hmm well if im forking out so much money, I'd rather buy something new (@MatrixClaw). Anyone know how much the controller I'd need to get with G-Major 2 would cost? Cause if I want the Axe-Fx, I could only get one used since Fractal doesn't sell the standard one anymore which sucks. I looked at the prices on ebay, you're right they're just over $1000. But the MFC-101 controller for it is a whopping $750!!!

How does the Eleven Rack + controller stack up against say $1300 Axe Fx + $750 controller = about $2k
There are lots of MIDI controllers out there. There's the Behringer (no experience), Rocktron has a few, and I really like the Voodoo Labs GC Pro (about $500 CAD new). Really easy to use and program if you just follow the manual. You can set it up to give you presets in banks of 5, and then set up switches to turn each effect on and off, as well as do channel switching (which the G Major supports, not the Voodoo Lab on its own.)

EDIT: Just looked it up, $460 new at Long & McQuade in Canada.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Last edited by Slash_is_a_God at May 27, 2011,
Quote by OhSoInsane
Hmm well if im forking out so much money, I'd rather buy something new (@MatrixClaw).

For what purpose? To waste money?

You don't need to use the Fractal MIDI controller to control it, it will work with any controller. Buy a Behringer FCB1010 (the only Behringer product I would ever recommend) for $50-100 used and you're set.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well my logic in buying it new was from the warranty perspective. Even by assuming that the new thing is as likely to fail as the old one (which is probably not true, since used should be more prone to failure), there is warranty existent on teh new one that could solve such issues. With old gear, its usually a problem. Like the FCB1010, i'd be content in buying it old haha cause its a simple device that can be replaced easily as well. But $1000+ processor? O_o lol i'd be a bit scared specially off of ebay.

I might still buy the Axe Fx used with all the hype and stuff behind it. How do the FX, just the effects for 11R stack up against the Axe-Fx? I have spent much time researching and people usually just compare teh modellers, im quite content with my amp, i'd just need a solution for the multieffects. How does that stack up?
the 11r effects are VERY limited compared to the axe fx. IMO, the is no reason to buy an 11r ever unless you play one and it just happens to do the exact tone you want better than something else.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by OhSoInsane
Well my logic in buying it new was from the warranty perspective. Even by assuming that the new thing is as likely to fail as the old one (which is probably not true, since used should be more prone to failure), there is warranty existent on teh new one that could solve such issues. With old gear, its usually a problem. Like the FCB1010, i'd be content in buying it old haha cause its a simple device that can be replaced easily as well. But $1000+ processor? O_o lol i'd be a bit scared specially off of ebay.

Sure, but for the price you pay for a new G-Major 2, you could replace the original used one 2-3 times.

The guy I'm partners with in Russia is a Fractal dealer and the only problem we've ever had with them was 1 out of about 75 weve ordered arriving DOA to my house.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hey so I checked out some stuff online on the G-Major, turns out I can't do 4CM on it which is kind of a letdown for using wah or whammy or pitchshifting, etc. I'd wanna get something I could do 4CM on and the unit has an FX Loop which I could use to expand its use with some stompboxes or other pedals
I wrote my impressions of the Axe Fx vs the Hd500 about 2 months ago. The Pod presets are not as good but can be made to sound better/more organic. The Axe FX has some amp models not in th pod which I loved however. In terms of Fx the pod is better, and so is the tc electronics in my opinion. The pod also behaves more like a real amp in terms of dynamics vs the Axe. I am curious how the Axe Fx2 is now.
Quote by OhSoInsane
Hmm well if im forking out so much money, I'd rather buy something new (@MatrixClaw). Anyone know how much the controller I'd need to get with G-Major 2 would cost? Cause if I want the Axe-Fx, I could only get one used since Fractal doesn't sell the standard one anymore which sucks. I looked at the prices on ebay, you're right they're just over $1000. But the MFC-101 controller for it is a whopping $750!!!

How does the Eleven Rack + controller stack up against say $1300 Axe Fx + $750 controller = about $2k

Ebay has buyer protection and paypal protects your purchase/ they almost awlays side with the buyer, sure they wont cover something failing months/years later but if you buy something and it dosnt work or function properly in the first couple weeks youd most likely be covered by ebay or paypal.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean