do you think the 2010s will be fun and relaxed and groundbreaking like the 90s?

Poll: if you read this, don't vote on the poll.
Poll Options
View poll results: if you read this, don't vote on the poll.
yes
39 27%
no
103 73%
Voters: 142.
Page 1 of 2
Quote by pbiggie
the 90's was groundbreaking?

in terms of alternative media, certainly. also in terms of tolerance and prosperity. the 90s was a pretty liberal time for the US.
#DTWD
Quote by aCloudConnected
No, because the world will end.

This. The world ending tends to put a bit of a damper on the relaxed feeling.

It may be quite literally ground-breaking though.
Yes, because I was a kid in the 90s and I'll be in my 20s this decade, and those are the most fun/relaxing/groundbreaking periods in any individual's life.
This decade will be even more groundbreaking. Especially if we're not discussing music.
We may not like as much but later generations will.
Quote by blackflag49
Yes, because I was a kid in the 90s and I'll be in my 20s this decade, and those are the most fun/relaxing/groundbreaking periods in any individual's life.

fair enough point. but it seems like most people alive in this 90s, regardless of age group, would like to go back. ime.

also, to backup the grounbreaking statement again, two words: the internets. I remember getting our first computer in 1995. bad to the ass.
#DTWD
Every decade is groundbreakin' in it's own right really. So it depends how you look at it. Also, I fail to see what was "relaxed" about the 90s at all.
Hey, we've already survived one apocalypse. Just two more until we're all clear, and we're going to be the badassest decade ever. I say groundbreaking, badasses don't relax, they go bad some asses.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
^ relaxed as in more liberal. not necessarily just politically either. I think the 90s would even be in the ranking of the top three liberal decades of the 20th century. at least by western standards.
#DTWD
As far as technological innovations? Probably. There are alot of things that are regressing though. And alot of people have never been fun and relaxed, they need something to fear so they manufacture things to believe.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I must admit the thread title was just a BS question I thought of after watching the top one hit wonders of the 90s. I was nostalgia'ing and wanted to see how many people actually read the poll question before voting. so like an idiot I forgot to make the poll public. but I guess I cam divide the number of thread views by the total number of votes.
#DTWD
ITT: Children will talk about the good ol' days and how they'll never happen again.
Check out my band Disturbed
I predict there will be a new generation of beer-swilling, psychedelic-happy cartoonists, so there's a plus.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
I so miss the 90's. I hope the 2010's are chill and awesome and not full of internet knowitall pricks like the 2000's were.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Who here hates digital?
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
It'll be different. One can hope it's a bit more chilled than the ADD, narcissistic, materialistic, stupid rules decade we've just had.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
relaxed and fun? no

groundbreaking? sure

the same goes for the 90s
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I'm pretty sure every decade is groundbreaking compared to the previous ones, what with that whole procession of time thing...
I doubt it. All the people who enjoyed the relaxed and groundbreaking '90s are now the muppets in power in government around the world. From the way they're running their respective countries, they obviously don't want the next generation to have the fun they did.
Quote by primusfan
answer.

Are you not gonna give us your opinion, TS?
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Daviec
I doubt it. All the people who enjoyed the relaxed and groundbreaking '90s are now the muppets in power in government around the world. From the way they're running their respective countries, they obviously don't want the next generation to have the fun they did.

Quote by Daviec

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Kumanji
The 90s weren't particularly groundbreaking.

If that was true I wouldn't be reading your statement right now.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
If that was true I wouldn't be reading your statement right now.

niiiiiiiiice
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Page 1 of 2