Just skimmed through Gumtree and came accross these:

Boss CS-2 and a Boss GE-7! Not exactly sure of the particular year but I do know they're the 80's Japanese made ones. They both work well, compression is not too subtle but isn't too much and has a great balance, really makes it snappy and sharp, makes the neck pickup on my V sound great. Still fiddling with the EQ (never owned, used one before) so enjoying experimenting with this. Only biff with them is they're noisey on and off, might take them to a tech to have a look at or if anyone knows what would be wrong let us know!
Best thing about these pedals is that I got both of these for $40! Absolute steal, had to compete with about 5 other people who called him except I lived about 10 minutes away from him and offered to drive there that night to pick them up
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
looking to sell them at all? i have a couple others and wouldn't mind adding these 2

played the CS-2 in depth yet? apparently it sucks balls.

nice price though!
mojostompboxes.com
Nah sorry mate, I like my pedals too much to let go of them

I honestly havn't had a proper play around with them, mostly because my effects aren't hooked up at the moment (I can't be bothered to get off my ass and make a board)
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
lazy lazy man! get a pedalboard and you could have a nice setup.

surprised i never saw them on gumtree. nice find!

ever decide to get any of the pedals modded let me know
mojostompboxes.com
HSC takes priority my friend and my car...haha

Yeah it didn't last long, I called up about 20 minutes after he listed the ad

Now that you mention I have been wanting to mod up my GCB-95, either or both the true-bypass mod and to match the Crybaby Classic, easy to do?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
HSC was fun

piss easy yeah, true bypass and tone awesomeness is an easy task.
mojostompboxes.com
The CS-2's are generally held in a higher regard than the CS-3's...however, I've had both and like both. They're both pretty noisy for me, but that's just the nature of a compressor pedal.

Great score TS!!!
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
Cheers for the Serial Decoder, turns out the:
GE-7 is from July 1983
and the CS-2 is from June 1983!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
nice

i have a DD-2 from the first month of issue, a '85 phaser and a '85 hyper metal. all great pedals.
mojostompboxes.com